PDA

View Full Version : new here

motoX11-ktm.man
10-03-2007, 12:08 AM
hy guys,
i came from germany,so my english is bad.
i wont to build a hybrid quad.
but i don´t know how.
i think i need an trx 250r frame? or?
can you say me the other products i need?
thanks

hy leute,
ich komme von deutschland und deshalb ist mein englisch auch schlecht.
ich würde mir gerne ein hybrid quad aufbauen.
aber ich weiß nicht wie.
ich denke, ich brauche einen trx250r rahmen, oder?
und was benötige ich noch alles?
vielen dank

motoX11-ktm.man
10-03-2007, 02:02 AM
ps: which kind of frame have you got?
which arms?
what did you "tuned"?
thx

PS:welche art von rahmen habt ihr?
welche arms?
und was ahbt ihr an dem rahmen verändert?
danke

Caseys 300ex
10-03-2007, 02:32 PM
Wo wohnst du?

i cant really help you out but you came to the right place to get help. Theres quite a few good builders. Good luck

Ich spreche deutsch. Meine deutsch ist nicht gut.

motoX11-ktm.man
10-04-2007, 06:01 AM
yeah,somebody who speaks english!
thanks a lot,
, I live in kail: the Rhineland Palatinate; koblenz; vordereifel, or mosel; cochem;
56829 kail

if to you this helps.
but thanks

yeah,
endlich jmn. der deutsch spricht,
vielen dank für deine antwort, ich wohen in kail:
rheinland-pfalz;koblenz;vordereifel,bzw. mosel;cochem;56829 kail
wenn dir das weiterhilft.
aber vielen dank.

mudd690
10-05-2007, 08:01 PM
i have a coustom built frame from lonestar with a yz426f motor in it but what most people do is use either 400ex frames or 250r frames most common and modify them they also use the yz bike motors or the crf motors it does take a lil bit of cutting and weling but ill try in help best i can i even have some spare hybird parts here and there.

jarrod

motoX11-ktm.man
10-06-2007, 02:22 AM
thanks!
but why don´t they use a 690 ktm motor??
just a 450 ccm or a very big 1000ccm motor.
is he to big?

what do you think about that frame??
but it isn´t cheap!
12.000 euro!!!
http://www.quad-briel.de/index2.html

thanks

250rmike
10-07-2007, 09:24 PM
most people use the 450 motors to compete in certain classes for racing anything bigger you have to race in open class which isnt as big. you can either buy a 250r geometry frame for certain motors or have a custom frame built for your motor. try searching the web for walsh race craft the still build some hybrid frames

motoX11-ktm.man
10-09-2007, 01:10 AM
ok,thanks,
i have a lot of questions,but i just can talk in german to is that ok?

ich habe zuerst einmal ein paar technische fragen:
was ist denn nun der wahre Schwerpunkt des Quads?
der Fahrer, der Motor, der Tank oder etwas ganz anderes?
und würde es etwas bringen, wenn man den tank tiefer setzt? Oder auf die gleiche Höhe des Motors?
wie muss die Gewichtsverteilung sein? Muss sie mehr nach vorne oder mehr nach hinten , oder muss es genau in der Mitte sein?

Zu einem Renn-quad:
welche Bodenfreiheit ist optimal? Welche ist zu hoch? welche zu niedrig?
wie groß sollte der Federweg sein?
wie breit muss es sein? was ist optimal, was ist zu schmal, was ist zu breit?
Welche Länge und welche Höhe sollte es haben?
ich habe gehört, die Geometrie eines 250r Rahmens von Honda wäre sehr gut geeignet, warum?

undkönnt ihr vielleicht mit einem computerprogramm umgehen,womit man ein quad virtuell am computer konstruieren kann?

thaks a lot

250rmike
10-09-2007, 09:23 AM
if someone could translate that would be great so we can help him out with some people that are more knowledgeable and cant read german(me for one instance except without the knowledgeable part)

Nick110
10-09-2007, 07:04 PM
I have ask first once a couple technical: What is the true focal point of the Quads then now? The driver, the motor, the tank or somewhat entirely other? Would it and bring something if one sets the tank deeper? Or on the same height of the motor? How must the weight distribution be? Does it must more forwards or more to the rear, or it must be exact in the middle?

To one race-quad: Which ground freedom is optimal? Which is too high? which too low? How large should the feather way be? How wide must it be? what is optimal, what is too narrow, what is too wide? Which length and which height should have it? Did I hear would be suited, the geometry of a 250r frame of Honda very well, why?

Go and ability its perhaps with a computer program one around construct can with what a quad virtually at the computer?

250rmike
10-09-2007, 09:41 PM
a quad can be designed on a computer that is what the factorys do. although it take alot of time and knowlegde then you have to have the ability to build it. to your other questions it depends on what type of terrain you are riding. whether you ride woods or mx. woods you will want a higher ground clearence to get over stumps and ruts. mx(motorcross) you will want the lowest possible center of gravity. the reason that the 250r was a good starting point was that it handled extremely well in stock form and even better in aftermarket. if you are designing a quad from the ground up the main focul point for me would be the handling(not sure about how to do this without extensive building and testing) and erognomics or where the controls are and how comfortable the bike is to ride and how easy everything is to reach and also how easly you can move and throw the bike around. another reason why the 250r was a good quad. if you can get a 250r frame or have one built for your motor that is what i would do just for ease ofbuilding it. they have also applied the honda 250r geometry to other bikes such as the lonestar outlaw banshe frame which was a frame set up for 250r suspension geometry and parts and a banshee motor and plastics. the main focal point of quads now should be geometry erognomics and powertrain. although powertrain sometimes comes first and others second and vice versa. with the tank set deeper in the chassis you will have a lower center of gravity which will in turn make your cornering speed faster. again comes back to what you plan to do with the bike. bigger tank+ longer rides smaller lower tank shorter rides but less weight up high. im not sure about weight distrubution as i am not an engineer that information may be hard to find but i beleive a nutral weight distrubution to the front and rear would be good but agian you would have to talk to a quad engineer and even then all opinions will be different between them and for what conditions you ride in. i just realized i did not make paragraphs and for that i am sorry

motoX11-ktm.man
10-10-2007, 12:16 PM
wow!,
thanks

now i just looking for a man with a computer( somebody who have a programm for this and know how to do)

hammer!
danek,
ich ahbe es halbwegs verstanden.
jetzt suche ich nur noch jmn. mit dem programm auf seinem computer mit dem man das auch machen kann.(also auch weiß wie es geht)

danke