PDA

View Full Version : The Things you come accross on the Net

Ralph
10-02-2007, 09:46 PM
So i made a new youtube account and when i confirmed my email address this is the video it took me straight to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNYyTRRzmxA

Now, the video isnt very interesting; altought i would have loved to be on the ride. The weird thing however is,

--------Disclaimer: Long Boring Post--------

That is shot at small park in germany. Minutes away from the town my Grandfather Started (and was mayor of for a very long time).

After World War 2 my grandparents ran off to that area and he built a log cabin. He later on built a larger house out of bricks from an old cement factory that was bombed during the war. The factory was a couple kilometers away and all he had was an old wheelbarrow to carry the bricks with. Part of that old house is still on the same property as a part of the modern one my grandma lives in today.

SOOO Anyways, my grandfather was an amazing man and started a logging company out of literally nothing and the economy of the town flurished and so the town grew. The Log factory burned down, was rebuilt and i think it burned down again. He ended up owning a company that delt with plastics for a very long time.

During this time he started a small wildlife park which later on grew into the park in that Video.

I was floored when is saw the video out of complete randomness and read the description "....at "Serengti Park", Germany.."

I wanted to share the story because sometimes you forget how nice we have it. My grandfather went through alot of tough things in war torn germany but he always kept his head up and gave it his all, being the best that he could.

Shortly before my grandfather passed away, the town wanted to rename a very large road after him, instead he asked them to maintain and take care of a very small trail through the woods that he loved. "Burgermeister Nuss Weg" was born.

You may be thinking, "Who gives a crap" but as long as it motivates and inspires one person ill be happy.

Bradracer18
10-02-2007, 10:09 PM
I'll have you know....I watched that video....figuring their shirts were going to come up at some point.....disappointing....lol.. joke!

Kickstarts-suck
10-02-2007, 10:19 PM
i would have threw up everywhere!:p

my88r
10-02-2007, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Kickstarts-suck
i would have threw up everywhere!:p

x2

QuadJunkies
10-02-2007, 11:53 PM
My kids rode a ride like that last summer , but it didnt flip you over and over like that!:eek2:

Honda TRX250ex
10-03-2007, 11:57 AM
Thats weird ralph, but your grandfather was a tough man!
i wanted to see them walk

ny300exrider
10-03-2007, 12:20 PM
i couldnt handle that.....seriously i dont know what would happen, but i could not handle doing that....probably would have a mental breakdown mid-ride and just start freaking out or something, aside from all of the puking.

and very cool story ralph, you have a very interesting background

Ralph
10-03-2007, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Honda TRX250ex
Thats weird ralph, but your grandfather was a tough man!
i wanted to see them walk

Thanks, he was an awesome guy. We have about 3 3-inch binders of all newspaper articles about him and awards and stuff he got.

chris46250r
10-03-2007, 01:23 PM
I would have produced more groceries than Kroger on that SOB!

Ghost-Rider
10-03-2007, 01:41 PM
Man that looks like a crappy and boring ride lol...

Now this is by far my favorite ride ever.

It's the best Roller Coaster IMO.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OcYj8d8d35w"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OcYj8d8d35w" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>