PDA

View Full Version : Car Audio Gurus!!!

m_townsgreatest
10-02-2007, 09:01 PM
I need some help, I got a head unit for my 1997 honda civic. I got all the wires wired up. Then proceeded to turn the car on to see if its all in working order. But when I did, the CD player turned on for a few seconds and then turned off. Later after playing around with it, it does the same thing if you reset it. I tried bypassing the 12v power connection and running it straight off of the battery(both terminals), tried bypassing the ground and running it to the chasis. Nothing worked. I need some help if you possbily can. I really dont want to pay the $55 it costs to get it installed when I thought I knew what I was doing, but I guess I dont totally. So any input will help greatly. I need it ASAP also.

Titanium
10-02-2007, 10:49 PM
do you have one of those scosch wiring kits from wal-mart? those make puting cd players in alot easier. if you havnt already dont worry about the price being to high its only 6 or 7 bucks where i live.

rbgnwa45
10-02-2007, 11:33 PM
Did you use an aftermarket harness, and did you ground everything? Use electrical tape also. If you pay the $55, you might get a warranty.

whiteboycustom
10-03-2007, 08:54 AM
when i paid 700 bucks for my alpine cd player i said u knwo go ahead and install it, why??? they give lifetime warrenty on there installs

like the others u use a easy install wiring kit??? if so double check all wires, they are pretty much color coded, maybe a bad remote wire???what brand cd player is it??

duke416ex
10-03-2007, 10:27 AM
Check the remote wire like was said earlier, sounds like you maybe ran it from somewhere that only stays on a couple seconds.

Scro
10-03-2007, 10:40 AM
The remote wire should only be used if you are turning on an external amp. It shouldn't have anything to do with the power to the actual CD player. Since you said you hooked both power to a constant source, I think it has something to do with the CD player itself...I've known a couple CD players that would turn right back off when you first hook them up. Are you not getting any power at all once it turns off, no lights or nothing?

Check the voltage on the wires also. It's unlikely but if the regulator on the alternator is shot (more voltage), that may cause the CD player to shut itself off. But, then again, if the regulator is shot, you would have bigger problems and would know it by now anyways.

m_townsgreatest
10-03-2007, 12:32 PM
its a jvc. and yes once it turns off, it will not have any lights com back on or anthing, only thing u can make it do is if u hold the reset button after removing the faceplate, it sounds like its loading a cd

mineralgrey01gt
10-03-2007, 01:17 PM
ive had that happen before, ended up being the cd player was messed up, brought it back and got another for free. worked great after that.