View Full Version : Looking for NoVA, MD SoPA riders...

SubTernal
10-02-2007, 02:29 PM
New to the forum, and new to ATV/MX. I just moved back to MD recently and have no one to ride with...Ive been to rausch creek, Tomahawk and atv park. Wonder if there were any other people out there near MD VA or PA that are looking to ride at some tracks/ Trails in the up comming weekends...I guess post here and let me know...later.

250rmike
10-02-2007, 02:31 PM
im from maryland although my bikes are down i would like to get to some tracks when i get them running again. there is a huge maryland thread in this section check it out to find some people that live in maryland

SubTernal
10-02-2007, 05:56 PM
Yeah...I saw the thread, but alot of those posts were from years ago, and many people dont' have bikes/quads anymore, or have moved or whatever so I figures I would just start a new one an see who is still in the game...

Lemme know when you got your stuff up and running

250rmike
10-02-2007, 07:27 PM
will do it will prolly be alittle while as im in between jobs right now gotta pay bills before i can work on my hobby but ill let ya know there a few people still lurking that are from maryland and they occasionally post

daveogringo
10-13-2007, 04:53 PM
Anyone up for "The Cove" tomorrow? Its about 2 hours from Arlington and cost 25 bucks to get in. I called yesterday and the guy said they have 35 miles of intermidiate to advanced trails.

dopeyferree
10-13-2007, 05:03 PM
check the post in this section about the Fredericksburg ATV Race tommorrow.

OffRoadBadBoy
10-27-2007, 04:28 AM
Im out of Pj county and i ride on trails near amtrack.They dont mind us riding there if we dont mess with them so its cool.

They start in bowie and end up in croftin with alot of forest trails,creeks,and KAMAKAZI deer that run out in front of your quad while your in 5th =).

Cant make the trip to budds,have to stay local.

Always looking for more trails though.:eek2:

250rmike
10-27-2007, 08:42 AM
where do you all park that you wont get bothered?

OffRoadBadBoy
10-29-2007, 09:39 AM
We just ride from my house,but if you have to make a trip,people get there trucks into the trails by going somwhere behind BSU.

Crackhead_Willy
11-06-2007, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by OffRoadBadBoy
We just ride from my house,but if you have to make a trip,people get there trucks into the trails by going somwhere behind BSU.
Let me know next time you ride by the tracks. I used to ride back there quite a bit, especially at yellow gate. I live in Odenton and still should be able to get there.

ymustang
11-07-2007, 10:00 PM
hey all, i am from the hagerstown md area. me and my buddies go riding a good bit, we hit md-va-pa. i can list them as time goes on later..we are headed out this weekend to edinburg va off interstate 81 on nov 11th..they have some nice trail's down there and it is only 5.00 dollar's per truck/trailer load:D ..dec 9th we are going up to michaux forest in pa between chambersburg and gettysburg off route 30..we ussally hit the trail's about 9-10 am and ride till we feel like going home:devil: ..i would like to check out that cove place 1 day, is it 35.00 dollar's i thought i saw?

daveogringo
11-08-2007, 12:32 PM
The Cove is $25 to get in and they have tons of great trails. It is very rocky, I put a 3 inch slash in my front sidewall while riding there a couple weeks ago.

jrafter
11-08-2007, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by ymustang
hey all, i am from the hagerstown md area. me and my buddies go riding a good bit, we hit md-va-pa. i can list them as time goes on later..we are headed out this weekend to edinburg va off interstate 81 on nov 11th..they have some nice trail's down there and it is only 5.00 dollar's per truck/trailer load:D ..dec 9th we are going up to michaux forest in pa between chambersburg and gettysburg off route 30..we ussally hit the trail's about 9-10 am and ride till we feel like going home:devil: ..i would like to check out that cove place 1 day, is it 35.00 dollar's i thought i saw?

Its $5.00 per rider

daveogringo
11-08-2007, 02:43 PM
where exactly is this riding area in Edinburg, VA? I live near DC and am always looking for somewhere to ride!

ymustang
11-08-2007, 03:08 PM
hey jdrafter, it's not 5.00 dollar's per rider. it is 5.00 dollar's per truck/trailer load:cool: ..so even if u roll in there with 4 or 5 atv's it is still only 5$..we are headed down there sunday 11th:D ..it is supposed to be decent riding weather sunday..load up and come on down for some riding with us

jrafter
11-08-2007, 03:11 PM
66 south to 81 south to the woodstock exit than you go left to rt 11 and south on 11 for about 5 miles to rt 675 you will see a dodge dealer you make a left and go about 5 miles and its on the right at the top of the hill.

dont for get to get passes at ridge runners on 11.

ymustang
11-08-2007, 03:15 PM
hello dave, edinburg va is off interstate 81. it is exit #279, once u get off the exit u go through the little town of edinburg and then up the mountian (route 675) a couple mile's and the trail's are on the right.plenty of off load area and parking..not doing any thing load up and come on down

ymustang
11-08-2007, 03:23 PM
what passes are these?? been down there a couple of time's and never had a pass. alway's put my 5 dollar's in the box for the fee collection though:confused:

charlie211
11-09-2007, 09:18 AM
We ride mostly in Woodridge, with a good stretch that ends up at Tim's Rivershore. There are sand, rocks, roots, hills, bigger hills, construction sites, tunnels, and puddles. Its about about 30 min south of DC. Although its good riding we are looking for alternatives local like, as variety is the spice of life. Any suggestions post lead?

daveogringo
11-09-2007, 09:28 AM
hello dave, edinburg va is off interstate 81. it is exit #279, once u get off the exit u go through the little town of edinburg and then up the mountian (route 675) a couple mile's and the trail's are on the right.plenty of off load area and parking..not doing any thing load up and come on down

Ya man, I'll come down! What are most of you guys riding, sport or 4X4's? Who's and what kind of vehicle am I looking for to meet up with you guys?

jrafter
11-09-2007, 09:50 AM
hey jdrafter, it's not 5.00 dollar's per rider. it is 5.00 dollar's per truck/trailer load:cool: ..so even if u roll in there with 4 or 5 atv's it is still only 5$..we are headed down there sunday 11th:D ..it is supposed to be decent riding weather sunday..load up and come on down for some riding with us

there website says every rider.....and ive talk with the ranger and he looks for everyone thats riding.

jrafter
11-09-2007, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by daveogringo
Ya man, I'll come down! What are most of you guys riding, sport or 4X4's? Who's and what kind of vehicle am I looking for to meet up with you guys?

hey dave me and ymustang are meeting up sunday.....look for a red nissan frontier.

Joe

ymustang
11-09-2007, 10:03 AM
hey dave, look for joe's red nissan and i have a blue dodge dually 4 door diesel with chrome 5in stack's in the bed..i ride a 800 polaris utility 4x4, 1 buddy with me has a honda rancher 400 4x4 utility, the other buddy has a 700 kawasaki utility 4x4..we should get down to the parking area around 9-10 am, i was watching the weather channel and it is supposed to be fairly decent out

ymustang
11-11-2007, 08:15 PM
hey dave and joe, sorry we lost u guy's..we came up onto a 3-way split and was'nt sure witch way u all went and we chose the wrong one i guess, we could'nt find u guy's..we even stoped a few time's thinking u would have went by..some how we ended up way deep into the trail's and just kept cruising around the trail's..we finally got back to the parking lot about 2pm, it was good to meet u all..the next time we go down we can try again if u all want..it's kinda hard 4 us to keep up with ya, man those were some nice machine's...hey dave if u want to race your's next year look up distric 7 racing on your pc, it will give u a list of thier race's and rule's..i go to the distric 7 & 6 races a few time's a year because my friend race's in the 250 dirt bike class once in a while.

daveogringo
11-12-2007, 05:37 PM
ya man, it was great to meet u all too! When we realized that you guys were no longer behind us, we back tracked but had no luck finding u guys again. How was your ride? Boy, Joe knows those trails like the back of his hand. Give me a yell next time you get a ride together, I'll meet up if I can.