PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket 400ex clutch?

jmh460
10-02-2007, 12:39 PM
I just rebuilt my 01 400ex, i put a JE 12:1 416 kit, stage 2 hotcam, hmf system and a whole bunch of other upgrades to try to make it quick. after the break in process i took it out and rode it a little bit, i noticed that when i hit the throttle hard that the rpms would go up alot faster, but it didnt seem much quicker than when it was stock. i thot that it might have been the clutch slipping but i wasnt for sure and then the other day i was riding it pretty hard and we took a break and when we were leaving i had no clutch left so i pulled it home and ajusted the cable under the header all the way out and i had enough clutch left to last me for about a daya. does anybody know of a good aftermarket clutch system that would outlast a stock clutch system and hold up pretty good?

10-02-2007, 01:55 PM
my brother had a problem like that on his after his rebuild for some odd reason. The clutch would slip and he was actually going slower than before the mods.

jmh460
10-02-2007, 02:15 PM
did he put in another stock clutch?

10-02-2007, 04:38 PM
actually i think it was a problem with the way the clutch plates were positioned they didnt match up or something.

JOEX
10-02-2007, 09:30 PM
With the stock clutch set up the last fiber goes in the shallower slot, not the same slot the rest of the fibers and plates go.