PDA

View Full Version : 70cc options

riding4fun
10-02-2007, 09:31 AM
Looking for opinions here. This weekend the race organizers made Zachary (on his stock 50) line up with the 70cc kids. Now these were not ordinary 70cc. Two had Metrakits and others had work done also. I have heard alot about Metrakit. What are some other options. Would a ported Malossi set up perform the same? Give me some options. We have 2 races left before I strip the bike down and do the conversion. Any opinions are appreciated.

bulldogfallon
10-02-2007, 09:53 AM
Metrakit is the way to go.....Massive power!!

Nichols Atvs
10-02-2007, 11:05 AM
Darrell

Remember that the metrakit is WC so you will need rad waterpump and other pieces so you may want an airasal ormalossi top end or what every and port your cases and cyl shave head.

Heath

bulldogfallon
10-02-2007, 11:53 AM
Metrakit and liquid cooling

2 Very good choices, especially in your area

I have all the parts to convert your ac to a lc

jetmedic
10-02-2007, 03:40 PM
MK is the way to go. even if you got a ported malossi you would need a hell of a rider to keep up

raidernut
10-02-2007, 05:09 PM
riding 4 fun- although they lined your kid up with the 70s, he was scored seperately. when they race at glen helen the 70's line up with the 90's and are scored seperately.

riding4fun
10-02-2007, 06:15 PM
raidernut,

I know that, it just wasn't as fun for him. Buddy looked good.
It was nice to see who he will be racing against next year.

wrhracing
10-02-2007, 10:05 PM
I've just sent a water cooled Ital kit/engine build out to a customer. Of course I ported and degreed in the cases/cylinder etc.
The entire build, parts, labor, tuning , shipping was 2000.00.
That's from the air going in to the spent gases going out, clutching, pullies, ignition, crankshaft,exhaust, most everything that one of his compettitors just paid 6000.00 for.
I can't wait to hear how they compare.

raidernut
10-02-2007, 10:32 PM
Sorry some people just get confused when they drop the gates with multiple classes at once and score them seperately, was just trying to help

Andyman17dad
10-03-2007, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by wrhracing
I've just sent a water cooled Ital kit/engine build out to a customer. Of course I ported and degreed in the cases/cylinder etc.
That's from the air going in to the spent gases going out, clutching, pullies, ignition, crankshaft,exhaust, most everything that one of his compettitors just paid 6000.00 for.

Hopefully that thing went down south or out west somewhere!!;)
:D :D

markvette
10-03-2007, 06:34 AM
:devil:

hotquads1
10-03-2007, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by riding4fun
Looking for opinions here. This weekend the race organizers made Zachary (on his stock 50) line up with the 70cc kids. Now these were not ordinary 70cc. Two had Metrakits and others had work done also. I have heard alot about Metrakit. What are some other options. Would a ported Malossi set up perform the same? Give me some options. We have 2 races left before I strip the bike down and do the conversion. Any opinions are appreciated.

.Hi Darrell,
. 70cc Mallossi and Airsal will make a huge gain over your stock 50 for very little cost . The metrakit will require the purchase of other items, you may spend triple the money by the time your done but it will be even faster. weigh your budget with your kids skill, and will this be an everyday bike are all out race bike condsider things like race gas only? etc. Sometime more power can equate to more repairs (trans gears etc). Maintainance and tuning are fun to some dads and a chore to others. Also inquire to others about what they think helped their kid the most, POWER or SUSPENSION? You might be suprised to hear suspension will outperform power in most cases. just a couple of Ideas to ponder..
marc

bulldogfallon
10-03-2007, 06:54 AM
We have a Metrakit 70 and the thing rips!!!

The liquid cooling should allow for optimum running temperatures longer (you are in a very warm area)

wrhracing
10-03-2007, 07:44 AM
Interesting enough, my son ran a stock 90cc quad his first 6 races this year . With ZERO suspension mods. Stock Shocks , Stock Chasis and all. The engine stayed stock also except for roller weight,timing adj., carb. jetting.
The DRX's and Apex's come well enough suspended for him until we added more torque to the engine. (90cc).
Just had a 50cc teardown in the North east part of the country,
people had been grumbling all year long . The engine came up 47cc.

Don't forget the Italkits, Polini kits, DRX stock cylinders ported, Malossi, Airsal, Hebo Manston. all have more potential inside of them.

riding4fun
10-03-2007, 07:47 AM
Thanks all,

I appreciate all the opinions. This will be a fun project. I'm glad that a couple on this board have already done this, so I'm sure you all have the answers as you always do.

sdwcon
10-10-2007, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by wrhracing

Where was that sent??? Not down south, not to the west, must be towards the NE. The 90's that it beat to the corner this weekend think its fast. That kind of price for that kind of speed was the bargain of the month. Oh wait it wasn't my money:D That reminds me that squish needs measured.