PDA

View Full Version : Rear Wheel Stock Lugnuts - Pro Wheel Rims

MXfun
10-02-2007, 05:41 AM
Anyone else have a problem with the rear stock lugnuts not going on far enough to lock due to the increase in width of the Pro-Wheel rims?

Seems the bolts should be a little longer (1/4" or so).

Also, can I order DRR parts online anywhere? (two of the lugnuts stripped trying to remove the wheel, now I have an impact socket).:rolleyes:

humboldt hills
10-02-2007, 07:44 AM
Sounds like you got the first run of pro wheels.
Look to see if the inner hole of the wheel is going over the hub completely. The first run of those wheels were too small.

MXfun
10-02-2007, 10:00 AM
I think it is just the increase in thickness of the aluminum as compared to the stock thickness where rim meets the bracket.

The back of the wheel appears tight against the hub/bracket.

humboldt hills
10-02-2007, 10:13 AM
cool!! Be sure to take a good look, because the first set we got was hard to see, so we had to make the hole bigger. The next set was Fine.

bulldogfallon
10-02-2007, 12:32 PM
The first run had the inner hub cut too small so the wheel sits on the ridge of the hub...

They need to be recut to fit properly....If this is done there is no problem with the lugnuts staying put

Please check the hub cut to make sure ....

MXfun
10-02-2007, 07:32 PM
I checked the dimensions.

The Pro-Wheel thickness is 5/16". (Stock rim is only about 1/8").

The lag bolt is 5/8" long.

The locknut is 3/8" wide.

Thus, 5/16"+3/8"=11/16".

Therefore, the lag bolt is 1/16" too short, which is enough to not allow the locking thread on the nut to get to the threading.

The nut are tight, but my point is they are not utilizing the locking mechanism on the nut. Hope it doesn't become a safety issue. I will be checking them regularly until I get comfortable with it.

backinsaddle
10-03-2007, 10:02 AM
I agree with MXfun. I looked at mine last night, and sure enough, the stud is short by about 1 thread or so.