PDA

View Full Version : well guys...

trick250r
10-01-2007, 09:18 PM
ive been thinking about it lately and it just makes so much sense. ive always been a quad guy, its what i started on, its what im comfortable with. but for the past few months, there havent been more than 3 quads in any of my classes at local races. ive raced nationals, ive raced the PAMX series, ive raced a lot of big places but i still like to be able to compete close to home. by compete i mean actually have some competition instead of ride around and walk everyone. what do you guys think? i have a deal with a local dealer that has a brand new 06 crf450 and it would be close to an even trade. there are a few more things we have to work out but if i want it, the bike is mine. would this be a good choice for a bike? ive ridden bikes before but i never really got into them. like i could spat off all of the aftermarket shock companies for a quad but when it comes to a bike im clueless. sorry about the long post but i dont want to do anything ill really regret. thanks guys.

400exrider99
10-01-2007, 09:39 PM
thats is a tough call. i would stick with the quad, but thats is only me.

kawabunga
10-01-2007, 10:02 PM
it's up to you man. personally from my point of view, i'd stay on the quad. i almost did what you're thinking about doing. the switch from a quad to a bike. almost did it, but reality hit me. i cant ride a bike for $hit. my friends race bikes and i recently started racing quads. i can ride a bike, but not fast at all. or very well for that matter. im sure it would just be a matter of seat time to get used to the way they ride, but i am WAY more comfortable on a quad. my buddy told me he thinks that it wouldnt take much for me to get used to it, but i already have enough money stuck into quads that i just couldnt bring myself to doing it in the end. i also love riding/racing my 450R. it's personal preference. if you can ride a bike and think you could be competitive, why not give it a shot? if you cant ride a bike that well, then i guess you have something to think about.

JJs450r
10-02-2007, 04:28 AM
ya i almost did the same thing my buddy let me ride his 450 around the track and i layed it down in most turn but thats coming from a 5'9 person if your not into it i dont see why try to when you came along way on your quad

trick250r
10-02-2007, 11:04 AM
ive ridden my friends crf and i felt really comfortable. in fact ive found it easier to go fast on the bike. on the quad i constantly feel as ifim going to wreck but i dont on the bike...its wierd

kawabunga
10-02-2007, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by trick250r
ive ridden my friends crf and i felt really comfortable. in fact ive found it easier to go fast on the bike. on the quad i constantly feel as ifim going to wreck but i dont on the bike...its wierd

switch it up then. why not give it a try?

trx400EXtreme
10-02-2007, 05:31 PM
ive thought about this before too, i went and rode my dads buddy's DRZ400 and ill admit that thing flat out RIPS, but it just diddnt feel right to me. also a long time ago i had a little CR70 and i went straight from that to a quad and at that point i made up my mind, quads for meee.:devil:

mole97
10-02-2007, 05:38 PM
It seem like a lot of guys are tempted to switch..I for one just did and glad I tried, but I should have kept the quad..Missed it wayyy to much..Bike was A LOT differant..I can ride a quad..I felt retarded on the bike..I was real comfortable on the bike racing on my property, but once I hit the soft loamy track,for the first time...duh,duh,duh,,I was all over the place..I want my quad back!!Bikes now for sale, and I'm going back were I'm comfortable. Try it, who knows, you may be happier..I know I was happy..but not HAPPIER...

mine
10-02-2007, 06:05 PM
you'll be lucky to get a top 20 in the c-class around here, talent on 2-wheels dont come over night, im going on 2-years now and i'm only considering racing now.

As far as the bike, the crf is probably one of the best 450's out. I have one decked out, but if i had the money i would go kxf450