PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP!!! chain, swingarm, carrier? please read!

z400r!der45
10-01-2007, 06:30 PM
i have an 07 z 400 which i just bought a brand new chain and sprockets for and on the back by the swing arm how you have those 4 adjuster bolts that how you have to loosen every time you gotten tighten you chain and how you have that other bolt in the far back of the swing arm thats all by itself the one you gotta tighten just a little bit when u need your chain tightened well i got my chain and everything on and it was all perfect but an hour into riding i noticed a rattle and i looked down and that bolt thats all by itself in the back of the swingarm was loose and i went to tighten it and it just spun itself loose all over again but i can wiggle it out with my fingers and everything and i tried to tighten it again with those 4 adjuster bolts but nothing happens is it possible that its stripped or i even need a new carrier please reply back asap thanks everybody

AC nerf bars with heel guards
pro armor bumper
K&N oil filter
new dunlop tires
new chain
new sprockets
pro design kill switch
jetted

drzoo2
10-01-2007, 06:42 PM
I honestly just read that and have no idea what you are asking. Periods are your friends. Torque the bolts to 75 ft/lbs.

z

suzukiboy
10-01-2007, 06:53 PM
If you can't tighten the four bolts on the top that means that the nuts on the bottom of the bolts are not on. The nut on the back is just threaded on to a stud that is threaded into the bearing carrier. Hope I could help. Did you have to cut the chain ?If so maybe you cut it too short and the nut on the back is not going on the stud. The only thing holding the nut on the back is a c clip on the other side of the nut

z400r!der45
10-01-2007, 07:10 PM
thanks for the help i appreciate it im sure i didnt cut my chain to short because the stud is still going into the line of trvail it doesnt wanna just lock in tho for some reason

jonridesz400
10-02-2007, 01:52 PM
i have the same problem with one of my bolts the big bottom screw it feels as if it is stripped to me so how would i go about re threading that or do i need to buy some kind of new bolt and nut?

suzukiboy
10-02-2007, 03:12 PM
For jonridesz400, I have had the same problems. If only one bolt will not tighten that probably means that the nut is stripped. You can just buy another nut which is actually two nuts in one.The bottom left and right bolts screw into the same piece. It is hard to explain but once you see what I am talkin about you will understand.

jonridesz400
10-03-2007, 02:09 PM
alright i just broke my arm riding it yesterday lawl so i cant ride it but i can take it off easily or no? and if so any hard things about it let me know.

z400r!der45
10-05-2007, 07:54 PM
i found out what it was i took it to the shop and its carrier im getting a whole new one

suzukiboy
10-05-2007, 08:26 PM
Really sorry to hear bout your arm, u should be able to figure it out though. And I also had to buy a new carrier once. Got mine on E-Bay, u save alot of money.

jonridesz400
10-06-2007, 10:53 AM
alright thanks.