PDA

View Full Version : What should I get - PS3 or 360?

400exstud
10-01-2007, 03:55 PM
Money is no option (can't get both). What system is truely more fun. I have a PS2 right now and it just seems like the game developers are giving up on the PS2.

Please back up your answers if at all possible.

BlaineKaiser450
10-01-2007, 03:59 PM
Ps3

10-01-2007, 04:08 PM
the ps3, although has far less games, has more capabilities. it is an internet browser, it is s blue ray player as well as a dvd player. the games will come and graphically, once the developers start to learn how to tap the potential of the ps3, the games will outshine the nearly maxed out 360. the graphics of the ps3 are equal if not better already and the developers are still on the starting blocks with it's potential. look how far they came with the ps2 as compared to the xbox first and last generation games

i don't know if the 360 will update itself automatically if connected to the internet or not, but the ps3 does, as well as offering free demos downloads on a lot of the up coming games....

i will say i have never been an xbox fan...played them both many times with my brother...always preferred the playstation

honda8&3
10-01-2007, 04:08 PM
I voted for 360 but don't play video games, IMO it is a waste of money. Spend money on wheeling man.:p Not as cheap but a hell of a lot more worth it. I mean woo hoo I won in a VIDEO GAME not in REAL LIFE LOL:p JMO:chinese:

Ralph
10-01-2007, 04:34 PM
PS3.

Microsoft will never get it right. They screwed up the biggest game they had...

10-01-2007, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by honda8&3
I voted for 360 but don't play video games, IMO it is a waste of money. Spend money on wheeling man.:p Not as cheap but a hell of a lot more worth it. I mean woo hoo I won in a VIDEO GAME not in REAL LIFE LOL:p JMO:chinese:

it is not the winning, it is the jouney there...video games give me something to do when i am home alone, all my household "chores" are done and the weather or time of day make it impossible to be outside...i work nights at times and on the days i don't work, i usually spend awake while my wife and daughter are upstairs sleeping. it would be rude of me to fire up the bike and go for a ride...or anything else to make a lot of noise...i am not into infomercials so what do i do? i fire up the video game system until i get tired...

i also have a wii...it is very fun to "bowl" with my daughter and wife.

pro-rider46
10-01-2007, 05:52 PM
the ps3 is far better than xbox, ps3 like mentioned earlier has WAY more cababilities, xbox owners have to pay extra for the internet, ps3 owners do not, and you can also get on just about anysite you want including this one, and even post pics on here, xbox can only play others through online gaming, and ps3 and the wii have less than 1% chance of breaking, and the xbox has a 30% chance of failure, it just seems to me the xbox is mediocre compared to the ps3

Ralph
10-01-2007, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by pro-rider46
the ps3 is far better than xbox, ps3 like mentioned earlier has WAY more cababilities, xbox owners have to pay extra for the internet, ps3 owners do not, and you can also get on just about anysite you want including this one, and even post pics on here, xbox can only play others through online gaming, and ps3 and the wii have less than 1% chance of breaking, and the xbox has a 30% chance of failure, it just seems to me the xbox is mediocre compared to the ps3

360 has some better games right now but it will take a turn. Sony should also be releasing a new cheaper model soon.

If you want to get excited for some good games look up: GT5 Prolouge, Kill Zone 2, Drakes Fortune Uncharted, Metal Gear Solid 4. Those are 4 im really looking foward to. Then theres always socom 4, god of war 3 and other big name sony titles you wont see anywhere else.

Too bad i dont even have time to play any games...

400exstud
10-01-2007, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
Too bad i dont even have time to play any games...

I hear ya. Work + a full senior year in high school (4 APs).

This is going to be used more when I get to college next year:devil: . Looks like the PS3 is a pretty good choice.

Keep it comming!!!

m.h.s.c.#527
10-01-2007, 08:57 PM
i too made a thread i now have a ps3 got it tonight and had an xbox 260 i am very impressed and reccommend it oer the box l

Warnerade
10-02-2007, 08:48 AM
I have both and prefer the xbox right now, simply because the games I bought the PS3 for, arent available yet....but once a few titles listed by ralph come out, and a few more that are strictly sony, I dont think my xbox will be touched, other than to play guitar hero...

HondaEXrider22
10-02-2007, 10:32 AM
PS3. Why - GTA

killroy
10-02-2007, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by HondaEXrider22
PS3. Why - GTA im pretty sure its a microsoft exlusive so nice try...get the 360 only if your gonna get xbox live. otherwise play the ps3 by yourself

Ralph
10-02-2007, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by killroy
im pretty sure its a microsoft exlusive so nice try...get the 360 only if your gonna get xbox live. otherwise play the ps3 by yourself

Its on both systems and there are rumors its coming out on ps3 early. In return for making it not exlusive to sony Rockstar is making a new exclusive title for ps3.

Ralph
10-02-2007, 12:00 PM
the biggest difference of the two systems is the blue-ray.

The systems are pretty equal in power but sony is always making games that coudlnt even fit on a regular dvd that the xbox uses.

What does this matter? Gta4 is a good example cause they already made the game worse in order to fit on the xbox.

10-02-2007, 01:11 PM
I think the ps3 is a little beeter , im not about to go spend that much though. Im gettin the xbox 360 this winter. Im just gettin a new system to play mx vs. atv untamed since it is only coming out for ps3 and xbox 360 lol.

Ralph
10-02-2007, 01:32 PM
Also, if your basing your decision on graphics. Know that on a Standard Definition TV they all look crappy. You really need an HDTV to see the benefits.

I would wait for the new ps3 model to be released (should be about 400$) and then buy one then.

m.h.s.c.#527
10-02-2007, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by killroy
im pretty sure its a microsoft exlusive so nice try...get the 360 only if your gonna get xbox live. otherwise play the ps3 by yourself

do we not remember ps1

fofity
10-02-2007, 05:07 PM
xbox 360
pros=
$150 cheaper
achievements(more replay value)
comes with HD cables
better online experience
3yr warranty

Games
gears of war
halo 3
madden 08 (its better on the 360 look it up)
Bioshock
mass effect
forza 2
project gotham 4
NHL 08 (again better on 360)
guitar hero 2

PS3
Pros=
blu-ray built in
Internet browser
folding at home
Home
stream media to psp
more reliable but shorter warranty

Games
little big planet
gt5
killzone 2
metal gear soid 4
resistance
final fantasy XIII
heavenly sword
ut3

Games both

devil may cry 4
gta 4
dirt
assassins creed
guitar hero 3

mole97
10-02-2007, 05:29 PM
:confused: WOW..I was all ready to go get an x-box 360 ,but after reading some of this I'm not so sure...Now I'm leaning towards the P.S 3..I already own a p.s 2 so I guess I'd be able to keep all my games too.I was gonna get the x-box basically for the online play.. guess that's not a good enough reason to get that..I keep hearin the playstation' gonna have a lot more games to offer in the future

Ralph
10-02-2007, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by fofity
xbox 360
pros=
$150 cheaper
achievements(more replay value)
comes with HD cables
better online experience
3yr warranty

Only things id add is that theres a 3 year warranty only against the RRoD (This happend on something like 33% of xboxes)

Id also say that instead of "150$ cheaper" id say its missing more than 150$ worth of stuff that you will probably want way later and pay much more for in the end.

mineralgrey01gt
10-02-2007, 05:55 PM
I was watching G4 TV yesterday and a rep from Sony said that they are putting out 100 games for the PS3 within the next year so there has to be some killer titles coming out besides, Metal gear solid 4, Gran turismo 5, etc.

predator dad
10-03-2007, 03:22 AM
I have two 360's , one PS3 and the Wii. The 360 by far has the better games right now and way better online gaming. The very few games for the PS3 suck except Resisitance and Heavenly Sword and they don't even use the full 1080i ability. Unless Sony has another price drop...I think they are in real trouble. The Wii is in a different league than the PS3 and 360. It's a more fun group system. Graphics are pretty bad at like 480i. But it's fun to play. If I had to choose between the 3 systems I would get the 360.

Ralph
10-03-2007, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by predator dad
I have two 360's , one PS3 and the Wii. The 360 by far has the better games right now and way better online gaming. The very few games for the PS3 suck except Resisitance and Heavenly Sword and they don't even use the full 1080i ability. Unless Sony has another price drop...I think they are in real trouble. The Wii is in a different league than the PS3 and 360. It's a more fun group system. Graphics are pretty bad at like 480i. But it's fun to play. If I had to choose between the 3 systems I would get the 360.

What do you mean use full 1080i? You mean 1080p?

also, it looks like we should be seeing a $400, 40gb ps3 by the end of this month.

predator dad
10-03-2007, 06:15 PM
My bad...yes I meant 1080p. Don't get me wrong..The PS3 is a great system with alot of potential. If I had to choose one right now though...I'd lean more towards the 360. I'm waiting for Unreal Tournament for the PS3..It looks amazing.

Ralph
10-03-2007, 06:25 PM
My bad...yes I meant 1080p. Don't get me wrong..The PS3 is a great system with alot of potential. If I had to choose one right now though...I'd lean more towards the 360. I'm waiting for Unreal Tournament for the PS3..It looks amazing.

Well as far as Halo 3 goes. Its not even really HD. Its rendered at less than 720p and then scaled up. It doesnt really make much of a difference but if you wanna get technical then there ya have it.

UT3 is going to be amazing though.

Either way i need more time :o I had the warhawk beta and didnt even get to play it for more than a few minutes...

as far as ps3's A-list holiday lineup goes:

Guitar Hero III:
Ratchet and Clank: -exclusive
Kane & Lynch:
Army of Two:
Assassin's Creed:
Haze: -exclusive
Call of Duty 4
Uncharted -exclusive
Rock Band
Half Life 2 Orange Box

400exstud
10-03-2007, 06:48 PM
Ralph's right about the 40gb $400 version coming out. It should be in stores on the 28th (speculation only). It is supposed to come with spiderman 3 on bluray also. I will be picking one up on that day if they are in stores.

predator dad
10-04-2007, 02:57 AM
The dude in Game Stop said the 40GB PS3 would not be backwards compatible with the PS2 games...What's up with that?

chad502ex
10-04-2007, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by pro-rider46

i completely agree.... in addition i love the Blu-Ray DVD HD playback feature on my 60" Sony flat panel with Dolby Digital 7.1....

wahooo!!

Ralph
10-04-2007, 10:35 AM
The dude in Game Stop said the 40GB PS3 would not be backwards compatible with the PS2 games...What's up with that?

Rumors are going around for this to be true. I do not see it as that big of a deal anymore since i hardly play those games anymore. and when i do i just fire up the old ps2. They only games i would wanna play would be like socom 3 online but the new one is coming out soon anyway so theres no reason to play 3 anymore.

Aslo, beware of Gamestop employes. They are on a mission to give sony a bad name. Last time i went in there they were trying to screw with me while scrolling through the ps3 section by having a overly loud coversation about how they are getting rid of all ps3 games soon. This is complete bs, they just want to mess with us cause they are all 360 fanboys.

pro-rider46
10-04-2007, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by chad502ex
i completely agree.... in addition i love the Blu-Ray DVD HD playback feature on my 60" Sony flat panel with Dolby Digital 7.1....

wahooo!!

i'm jealous, i dont have a nice tv.

ps. i didnt know that you even looked in the open forum, i always see you post in the technical forums.