PDA

View Full Version : Time for a new XC pipe

nicker71
10-01-2007, 01:39 PM
I trashed my DR.D pipe from my caliper smacking into it all the time. So its time for a new one, Im thinking full system because I will be rebuilding my top and bottom end this winter and I was thinking about a +3 stroker crank. I race XC and I really want something thats going to hold up, I dont want this new pipe touching the brake caliper at all. I was told that a rossier pipe will clear it and will give good power. Would anyone else recommend it, or is the full system just a waste?? THis is a XC quad and low and middle range is what I need. But once I get the new crank, I think it will have all the lower end power I will ever need. Should I go with a full system or save some $$$ and just get another slip on??
thanks

Xater
10-01-2007, 05:09 PM
i have HMF and its really good in the low and mid range. i beleve the most power gains from this pipe was from the bottom to mid.

YFZ450Ridr
10-01-2007, 06:43 PM
my buddy has a sparks on his and it gives great torque and clears fine. ive got the GYTR bolted up on mine and it also gives great power, 5th gear power wheelies are no issue. mine is just a slip on but i bought an 06 header which was much straighter and bigger around than mine. im happy with a slip on..

James_yfz17
10-01-2007, 11:16 PM
the new white brothers XCR exhaust.

cthomps07
10-02-2007, 02:57 PM
Friend of mine has a sparks on his yfz. I really like this pipe it seemed to make quite a difference on his quad. If I were to buy a new one for a yfz it would be a sparks or rossier. I have the rossier on my 450r and its great. I think both are pretty nice pipes however the sparks is more expensive. I think the rossier is as good if not better and is alot cheaper.

Titanium
10-02-2007, 10:40 PM
i love my nMotion pipe. lots of low end compared to stock i thingk.

ohsobad_chevy
10-03-2007, 01:53 PM
Sparks standard core on mine.....makes good low end and pulls hard through the mid and top end as well. I like it. ;)

James_yfz17
10-03-2007, 08:20 PM
sparks is a little loud for XC. The new white Bros is tested at 98dbs for those certain circumstances.

ohsobad_chevy
10-04-2007, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by James_yfz17
sparks is a little loud for XC. The new white Bros is tested at 98dbs for those certain circumstances.

My standard core is rated at 99 db. So not much different. :ermm: