PDA

View Full Version : How high?

yfz_rookie
09-30-2007, 08:48 PM
Hey guys I'm new and I have a questions. How high do you think you need to get to be able to do small tricks such as heel clickers, supermans, etc. I have a small jump about 4 feet tall and i get about 6 feet of air and all I can do is the very basic stuff like no footers and no handers. Thanks for your help.

hawaiikfx400
09-30-2007, 09:03 PM
the more air the better, but dont go hurting yourself.just keep going bigger and practice as much tricks as your comfotable doing.it depends how far are you traveling(distance).one footers to supermans is a big diffrence, just keep jumping bigger i would think you would need to double your height at least to try those tricks.

jesseweaver
09-30-2007, 09:07 PM
yea i have about the same setup. haha, before i got my ex i was hitting that wit my recon. i could get heelclickers, and some sweet look-backs and stuff and once i tried a superman. i dont reccommend it until u get a bigger ramp. i cracked my head on the bars (lucky i was wearing a helmet) and bruised up my leg pretty bad on the rear racks. i almost had it though.

pharit
10-01-2007, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
yea i have about the same setup. haha, before i got my ex i was hitting that wit my recon. i could get heelclickers, and some sweet look-backs and stuff and once i tried a superman. i dont reccommend it until u get a bigger ramp. i cracked my head on the bars (lucky i was wearing a helmet) and bruised up my leg pretty bad on the rear racks. i almost had it though.

man your brave, i bet that recon landed like a rock, HA HA....

just jump it and start doin no footers until you feel comfortable doing what you are trying to do.

kinda the same dilema as me, my steel ramp is only 5.5ft tall and there are some tricks that i simply need more hang time for. i can throw and trick and as soon as its out i need to get saddled back up again.

just do what you can with what ya got.....

jesseweaver
10-01-2007, 11:51 AM
yea it sucks landing with that thing. ill post some pics when i get home from school, if i have time before i go to work.

jesseweaver
10-01-2007, 01:17 PM
heres the ramp we made in the snow. we also have like a 35 ft step up that i used to hit on the recon, but i dont have any pics of that.
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff71/1999_416ex/PHTO0019_0001.jpg

pharit
10-02-2007, 10:27 AM
OMG you are a mad man:devil:

here's a pic of my set up

here's the steel, the little table top and the dirt hit
http://a90.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/102/l_27afe279eb6845a3379db61a60a77771.jpg

And the landing shares all three jumps
http://a20.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/115/l_1342a5ef6c207b7dec0690dd7067ab23.jpg

And this is just for gap, you can sorta see the end of the ramp to the left there.
http://a734.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/126/l_41c07f04433f8eaa4852a39d00e11fc5.jpg

jesseweaver
10-02-2007, 01:18 PM
looks like a fun setup. id love to put something like that in, and we have a meadow that we dont use out behind our house that would be perfect for it, but my dad says it looks to ugly, and the meadow will get too ripped up. hes also afraid that when i move out i will let it there, and he'll have to clean it up, so right now im stuck making little jumps whenever it snows:(

pharit
10-02-2007, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
looks like a fun setup. id love to put something like that in, and we have a meadow that we dont use out behind our house that would be perfect for it, but my dad says it looks to ugly, and the meadow will get too ripped up. hes also afraid that when i move out i will let it there, and he'll have to clean it up, so right now im stuck making little jumps whenever it snows:(

my dad said the same ****, then his buddy left his bobcat at my house and i put in some work

jesseweaver
10-02-2007, 06:44 PM
haha i might have to try that. what really pisses me off though is that my neighbor that im good friends with, his uncle owns an excavating business right down the road, and we could use all of the equipment we needed for free, and we could get dirt really cheap or even free. i would barely have to pay a thing except maybe for a ramp, but my dad still says no.

jesseweaver
10-02-2007, 08:14 PM
pharit, thats a nice looking ramp. if you bought it, how much did you pay for it, and where did you get it? if you built it, about how much did it cost, and was it hard. also what specs did you use?

pharit
10-03-2007, 07:55 AM
i bought it from a friend of mine, idk where he got it from but i cost about 300 bucks

yfz_rookie
10-04-2007, 03:24 PM
Thanks for the replies guys but I have another question. I am not very flexible and am very slow in the air plus once I'm off the seat it takes serious long effort to get back on. Is there anything that would help me with this?

pharit
10-04-2007, 03:42 PM
Like one of the Akraix riders told me, Stretch. Stretch. Stretch. before you ride.

i stretch ever night just to get more flexable, now bar hops, stalefish and swran wraps are alot easier to do.

and as for coming off the seat, the harder you throw your self off the easier it is to get back on, your body and only strech so far before it recoils back. i thrown some no footed cans and super can way out there that i didn't think i'd have anytime to get back on but i snapped right back on.

Just get comfortable moving your legs and arms around in the air, and the speed will come, you'll be about to pretict what your quad is goin to do when you move your arm or one of your legs, and once you get comfortable knowing your quad isn't goin to do some crazy **** like bareroll or anything you'll know exactly how to move in the air.