PDA

View Full Version : asking for your thoughts

cdevito
09-30-2007, 06:47 PM
I ride a Honda. Both of my sons ride Hondas. We're a Honda family. I ran into a guy the other day who sells DRR's. Never heard of them. Actually saw today that they have their own forum on this site.

Not for me, honest, but my cousin is considering buying one for his son. What are your thoughts if any on this bike????? Have any of you guys raced against one and how'd it turn out.

Just signed me and my oldest up to race FTR quad scrambles and I'm told I'll run into a bunch or these bikes. Any input would be great.

Thanks

azextreme
09-30-2007, 09:36 PM
I have see a drx90 beat a built trx90 at the track they are pretty fast only thing I dont like about them is the CVT tranny! For the price they are worth it!

cdevito
10-02-2007, 08:47 PM
Thanks for the reply from azextreme. 44 views so far and no one else has seen or raced against one of these.

I'm not crazy about the tranny either. Something about complete control with shifting. We ride with my cousin and his son and they have a KFX80 with the same trans. Bike rips but......

Anyway thanks for the response.

etondaddy
10-04-2007, 01:15 PM
Post your question in the general mini forum or the DRR section and watch it take off. My son ran a CVT e-ton for five years they’re fine…. for the money DRR is the way to go. I’m going trx90 next year to get him ready for the 300ex in a couple of years. You can get a DRR from Gary Fallon get it home and go racing for like 2 to 3 grand that’s crazy I wish they had them five years ago. I got at least 7 g’s in the e-ton and parting it out I’ll be lucky to get three.

Mike Kozura (etondaddy soon to be Hondadaddy)

cdevito
10-04-2007, 05:58 PM
Thanks, just transferred it over. let's see what happens.