PDA

View Full Version : any places to ride in washington during winter??

Porkchop
11-02-2002, 09:53 AM
Im wondering if there is any places that are open during the winter to ride in washington state?? or any well known trails somewhere? I know ORV shuts down and rock candy mountain, but is there anywhere else that has all year round riding?

Woodsrider
11-02-2002, 04:26 PM
Evans creek, Moses lake, and that other little dune by Vantage.
Other than that all the trails are closed down I think.
You are welcome to join us at the pig pen for sunday service. It is in fredrickson area (by Spanaway).

coolhuh
11-02-2002, 04:48 PM
I ride at Tahuya state park in Belfair during the winter, lots of trails there.

Woodsrider
11-02-2002, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by coolhuh
I ride at Tahuya state park in Belfair during the winter, lots of trails there.
You ever ride out behind the lumber mill off Canyon RD?

coolhuh
11-02-2002, 05:12 PM
I have never ridden there, I am not even sure where the lumber mill is.

Porkchop
11-02-2002, 05:22 PM
Tahuya is where I was thinking about riding at, do they check for sparkarrestors there?? and how are the trails?

soggy- Canyon Road sounds fimilar... is it in Belfair?

coolhuh
11-02-2002, 05:33 PM
The trails at Tahuya are alot of fun and they are always in great shape. I have never been checked for spark arrestors just ORV sticker. It is a good idea to get a map because it is such a big place it is easy to get lost. There is a gravel pit to play around at and miles of trails. The jeep trails are alot of fun. There are several parking areas to start at. Aberdeen is not far from there.

Porkchop
11-02-2002, 05:41 PM
ok cool! my buddy's got a shee with t-5's on it and he doesnt think he can ride there (unlike the shelton trails) well I'll see if he wants to head up that way next weekend :D

also, where can I find a map of the trails at? and how to get there too... I kinda have an idea but they are kinda burry :rolleyes:

coolhuh
11-02-2002, 06:06 PM
Alot of times they have maps of the trails at the trail heads. I found one place on the internet that has a map but it is not a very good one. Map of Tahuya (http://www.blazerworld.net/trail04.html) It also has a map on how to get there. When you get there don't stop at the first parking area, go to Elfendahl road turn right and go back in there. There are a few good parking areas back there. Mission creek is a good trail for atv's, there are also others.
Have fun

Woodsrider
11-03-2002, 08:21 AM
Pork chop, Canyon Road is just south of puyallups south hill.

Coolhuh, do you know where 176th crosses Canyon? That is the closest cross road I know the # of. It's not much really, just a big open field with some small hill climbs. But it is just a short juant on the RR tracks from my freinds house and track.

We have another spot where we ride right on Canyon near 74th. we call it the pig pen. The track there is tight. But the hill climbs are good. The beer is always cold too. This is where we hold "Sunday Service". :D

coolhuh
11-03-2002, 09:06 AM
I know where 176th and Canyon is, can you see the riding area from the road?

Woodsrider
11-03-2002, 09:38 AM
No, actually you go thru 176th on Canyon and the road turns to the right. about a 3rd of a mile down the road on the right is an empty field. that feild goes all the way back to the RR tracks. I think it is like 80 acres. at the top of the proerty is a wide fast track.

J/C how old are you? with all the quads in your sig I am assuming you're past your teens. Right?

Check your PM's

Fast400exRacer
04-27-2003, 05:19 PM
Go to Woodland MX track. Its made for the winter

dirtmomma
04-28-2003, 03:22 AM
Well if you want to ride up North there is all kinds of trails we know about......some good ones that we always go to are out in Darrington, also we go to trail 5000 out in Granite Falls, (about 20 min from home) also there Rieter Pit/Trails in Gold Bar. We also go to a place out in Sedro Wooley. These are not orv parks or anything like that. So as far as the spark arrestor goes IDK if ya get caught then YES you'll probably need one. If you ever want to go riding w/ us just give us an email ahead of time, in the summer we go camping to Darrington about 2-3 weekends out of the month so we are up there ALOT!!!