PDA

View Full Version : Does Swingarm=Acceleration?

400exJOE
10-30-2001, 07:27 PM
My friend has a 2001 Blaster. It was mostly stock until pretty recently with just exhaust and tires. He rides it real hard and managed to crack the swing arm it many different places. Hey bought a lonestar 4+ off ebay and told me it made his quad like a whole new machine. He repeatedly said it made it faster and i don't doubt it because i have seen the difference, but i dont understand why a swingarm would add acceleration.

10-30-2001, 07:43 PM
It may make his quad more stable in the corners allowing him to give it more gas or it will allow him to get on the gas harder with out wheeling. It won't actually make the quad faster.

RideRed04
10-30-2001, 08:38 PM
It actually will slow the quad down (not really noticeable, but just for the sake of argument) becuase of the extra weight.

"BLAHH"300!!
10-30-2001, 09:21 PM
some of these reply's kill me man funny stuff in here all the time

butt..
back to the topic-

he put a +4 on a stock motor- haha- why man-
not only that but on a blaster- your freind has issues man

he's really ganna' catch stuff with that chain for sure when he starts jumping again' with that train followin' him around-
hehe- i bet it looks kool though

86atc250r
10-31-2001, 11:44 AM
A longer swingarm will not get as much traction as a shorter one, thus slowing down acceleration times on loose surfaces.

However, the longer swingarm helps keep the fronts down, so it could improve his standing start acceleration if that was a problem for him before.

It's a balancing act.....

10-31-2001, 11:57 AM
Well if he put a +4 inch swingarm on it then he'll always be 4 inches farther ahead than he was before..so I guess he might feel he's goin faster cuz he gets to were he needs to go faster since he's got 4 more inches sticken out in front of him....LOL:D

trx400ex
10-31-2001, 06:05 PM
actualy 4 inches hangin off the back, the stock blaster tire is a half an inch away from the footguard