PDA

View Full Version : Hook up throttle cable for FCR carb?

awsomeaussies
09-30-2007, 12:02 PM
I got a 450r throttle cable for my FCR carb... but I'm not quit sure on how to hook it up. If you look at the picture, it looks like the FCR has 6 different spots to hook up the cable at:confused: and I have know idea where to start. And if you look in front of that there's 2 different spots where the cable screws into and I don't know if I should screw it in at the top or bottom? One last thing I promise:p There seems to be alot of slack in the cable compared to the stock cable... as seen in the picture. I know I have to adjust it, but it still seems like alot.:huh

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/awsomeaussies206/FCR2.jpg

Groves187
09-30-2007, 12:12 PM
I ran into the same problem when I put mine on my Hybrid. What I was told is to use the spot that lets the carb open all the way. And as for were to mount the Cable. If the Round part that the cable pulls to open the slide rotates CCW then put the cable on the bottom mounting spot. and if its CW then put it on the top. Use what ever spot that allows the carb to open all the way up. And then that should take some slack out of the cable.

Nick

NacsMXer
09-30-2007, 03:13 PM
Rotate the cable "wheel" forward with one hand and put the cable end in in the closest hole that allows the carb to be wide open with the other. Which hole you put it in depends on how long the throttle cable is. I don't use a 450R cable with my FCR39 so I couldn't tell you the exact hole you need.

Oh, and the threaded adjuster at the carb with the two small nuts on it goes into the top hole of the bracket that comes off the carb.

Once you have the cable on, fine tune your adjustments at the threaded adjuster at the carb and throttle housing up at the bars. This should take up any remaining slack. If there is still too much, you may have to put the cable end in the next furthest hole on the wheel.

awsomeaussies
09-30-2007, 03:42 PM
Thanks guys that helps alot:) After that I just have to figure out my 300ex clutch cable. I got it thinking I would stop frying my clutch cables... but there's like 3" of slack in the cable, so after researching it, I seen one guy make a spacer to take up the all the extra slack. So hopefully I can come up with something:o