PDA

View Full Version : Location of the key switch

methyman
11-02-2002, 02:55 AM
Anyone install Full Bore plastics or Maier plastics with the race fender on the front? If so where did you locate the ignition key and neutral light? Im thinking of getting full bore and don't know where to locate these 2 items. All help will be appreciated.:D

vtwoodsrider
11-02-2002, 05:04 AM
i took my neutral light off and taped over the plug in. then i moved the key down on the frame under the right front fender then taped it to the frame with black tape . you can just leave the key on and it wont drain the battery or fall out . this worked all summer for me, cause i jsut put the stocks back on for the winter and everything worked great.

crashinmatt
11-02-2002, 06:55 AM
i put mine under the right side front fender. i made a mount out of a piece of plastic that i cut off when i cut my stock fenders.

skinrider440
11-02-2002, 08:38 AM
maier will send you a switch bracket for the key only. they sat to mount it to you handlebars but i put mine on the bolt holding the gastank on it looks good but i have no pics of it

RytM1
11-02-2002, 04:40 PM
As long as your wires reach, you can mount the switch and light wherever you want to. Here are a few more ideas http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19418&highlight=ignition+switch . All you need to do is remove the switch from the stock location, find out what size hole it was in, drill the same size hole somewhere else, and pop the switch into the new hole. IMHO, putting them back somewhere in the stock plastic will look cleaner.

methyman
11-03-2002, 03:41 AM
I know it looks cleaner in stock location, but full bore doesn't have any holes for the ignition switch or neutral light.:confused:

RytM1
11-03-2002, 11:14 AM
If you are referring to my post, in saying stock plastic, it can also be done in ANY plastic you buy. Go back to that thread I included, on page 3, Sparky416ex has a pic of where he put his switch and light on his Fullbore plastic. I think this way looks cleaner, and all you have to do is drill one hole for the switch , and one for the light. I also think this is easier than having to fabricate your own brackets to mount it somewhere else.