PDA

View Full Version : Question: WTB OEM Plastic White-88-89

danhung11
09-30-2007, 05:35 AM
Does anyone know, where I can find new OEM plastic? I am looking for white plastics in the 88-89 style.

Thanks,
Dan

TheNewn
09-30-2007, 02:07 PM
You cant buy it from the factory any more, but you can buy OEM style from Maier.

Which is what i'll be doing, they have a lot of colors too. There's even a yellow set on ebay right now.

TheNewn
09-30-2007, 02:08 PM
Here's a link for you

http://www.maier-mfg.com/shop.cfm?action=list&page=list.cfm&criteria=101&makeid=10&modelid=166&modelyear=1989

danhung11
09-30-2007, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by TheNewn
Here's a link for you

http://www.maier-mfg.com/shop.cfm?action=list&page=list.cfm&criteria=101&makeid=10&modelid=166&modelyear=1989

I mean OEM, not MAIER.

Bender
09-30-2007, 05:51 PM
Good luck on getting new OEM, if you find a set you'll pay big $. Honda had 2 white sets last year in their inventory that a local shop tracked down for me, they wanted $850 for a set. And I'm sure those are long gone by now. You may be able to find a set like new, but i doubt you'll find new oem in the wrapper.

danhung11
09-30-2007, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Bender
Good luck on getting new OEM, if you find a set you'll pay big $. Honda had 2 white sets last year in their inventory that a local shop tracked down for me, they wanted $850 for a set. And I'm sure those are long gone by now. You may be able to find a set like new, but i doubt you'll find new oem in the wrapper.

Any idea where I can find a like new used set? (in white)

TheNewn
09-30-2007, 06:26 PM
Why OEM over Maier? Just like it, cheaper. New.
?

danhung11
09-30-2007, 06:28 PM
Why OEM over Maier? Just like it, cheaper. New.
?

Seems like the Maier bow funny and do not keep their shape. I like the sleek styling of the OEM. Plus I have a mint white hood with headlight.

TheNewn
09-30-2007, 06:32 PM
Well i guess that's news to me. I thought Maier was *exactly* like the OEMs, look and all. You can get them in a lot of different types though.

Anyways, good luck.

my88r
09-30-2007, 06:37 PM
i had maiers on my r. but i hated them. not really close to the oems that i have. keep searching ebay for a set.

Well i guess that's news to me. I thought Maier was *exactly* like the OEMs, look and all. You can get them in a lot of different types though.

Anyways, good luck.

Bender
10-01-2007, 05:05 PM
What about looking into Fullbore or Laker?

danhung11
10-01-2007, 08:12 PM
What about looking into Fullbore or Laker?

Please read title.

RichM1983
10-01-2007, 08:48 PM
I know this isnt much help but there was a post on here some time ago about a guy who bought brand new OEM from some company. I cant remember who the guy was or where he got them though. If you email 3121R he purchased a brand new set of OEM's a while back. His post may be the one I'm thinking of. Hope this helps a little. Good luck.

danhung11
10-01-2007, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by RichM1983
I know this isnt much help but there was a post on here some time ago about a guy who bought brand new OEM from some company. I cant remember who the guy was or where he got them though. If you email 3121R he purchased a brand new set of OEM's a while back. His post may be the one I'm thinking of. Hope this helps a little. Good luck.

I am sure he has seen this post. I may send him a pm.

Thanks for the help!
Dan

Bender
10-02-2007, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by danhung11
Please read title.

I did actually, but since people were talking about Maier wich is not OEM ,( I've had several of their OEM type, which I don't think to highly of) I figured I'd ask if you considered them, thats all.
You'll probably have to watch ebay and pay out big$ to buy them piece by piece, who knows.
Good luck with your quest.

danhung11
10-02-2007, 05:16 PM
I did actually, but since people were talking about Maier wich is not OEM ,( I've had several of their OEM type, which I don't think to highly of) I figured I'd ask if you considered them, thats all.
You'll probably have to watch ebay and pay out big$ to buy them piece by piece, who knows.
Good luck with your quest.

I have acquired two hoods in great condition but the front fenders are not to my liking. I have two front sets for sale/trade. One is too weathered for me and the other one is great but someone trimmed the fenders too short. They were wasted!

Thanks for the well wishes. I know someone out there knows where....