PDA

View Full Version : good deal?

hendrixpeej
09-29-2007, 11:23 PM
I have a chance to get an '03 z for 2500. It has a yoshi slip on, aftermarket cdi, jetted and K&N.. ITP Holeshots and ITP C9 rims on the rear... and 13 tooth front sproket(sp?) well and front wheel spacers but those will ge gone the first trial ride. also the yoshi can is pretty much fubared.. the guy said he landed on it.. would that hurt performance? the pip is straight just the can is dented.. thanx for the help

TheNewn
09-30-2007, 02:23 AM
Well just make sure everything is in good order. Look for cracks above the front suspension mounts in the frame. Make sure the rear end bolts are broken and things.

Is it in good condition over all?

I'd say its probably not that bad of a deal, if its in good condition.

hendrixpeej
09-30-2007, 05:46 PM
Over all its in good shape.. there was/is a crack about the front suspension right side.. been rewelded... Other than that and the normal wear and tear on the plastics..even those are in pretty decent shape.. no zip ties or cracks..

TheNewn
09-30-2007, 06:28 PM
If everything is in good condition, like you said, try to talk him down, but if you cant.
Go for it.

jonridesz400
10-01-2007, 04:51 PM
i have an o3 z400 and it had a crack on the left front but if it is rewelded then it will be stronger than before. good luck on it.

hendrixpeej
10-02-2007, 06:38 PM
Well im the proud owner of an z400.. ive only ran into 2 problems so far.. It had 1" wheel spacer on the front.. I took those off and dont have the factory wheel studs and suzuki only sells the hubs.. ive been to a tractor supply store and 2 auto parts stores. Found about the right stud.. but the splined part that needs to be pressed in the hub is to small and just spins in the hub.. and cant tighten the lug nut.. any ideas?.. the other problem is the exhaust.. the pipe is straight but the silencer is bent the brackets still bolt up.. will it hurt performance and or is just cosmetics its still has the same throaty growl as my buddies z with the same yoshi comp series... ill try to post pics.. On a happier note pulled the seat off it had a proflow bullit air filter adapater but K&N so i have a uni on the way..

TheNewn
10-04-2007, 04:51 PM
You have to buy new studs to take the wheel spacers off? havent seen those kind. My 250R had rear spacers when i bought it, Just a round black circle spacer thing was put over some studs that screwed onto the stock ones, just took it all off and kept the stock studs in. Mind throwing up a picture or two of the Z400/Spacer dilemma?

hendrixpeej
10-05-2007, 06:46 AM
The spacers are those graphite Dura-blues.. and they come with a really long bolt.. I found some studs at work that where almost big enough just a little play in the splines... so I just got the impact wrench and put them on like that.. got it out and rode it alittle the lugnuts stayed tight on there.. ill still try to get some pics of the spacer and the bent as f**k exhaust.. lol.. It has a pro-com cdi-rev box.. are those good or bad.. ive heard mixed opinion on having a rex box with no motor work done.. Any thanx for all your help guys..