PDA

View Full Version : im out for.....

JRP
09-29-2007, 09:26 PM
atleast a month. fractured/chipped(big piece) off my roght shoulder at the race tthid weekend. sorry if my typing isnt good, left hand sucks.also got a concussion. blows. ambulance ride was coolthough. sopissed, so close to winning the championship too.:(

Honda TRX250ex
09-29-2007, 09:30 PM
that sucks pepper! hope you get better soon. there always next season. and just wait till you get a helicopter ride :p

D-7#61-450r
09-30-2007, 07:03 AM
I just got done looking at the points and seen you were within 20 of first. Pepper what happend this time?

JRP
09-30-2007, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by D-7#61-450r
I just got done looking at the points and seen you were within 20 of first. Pepper what happend this time?

u know at vmp where that ski jump is right after the finish line? well the 1st moto i won, then the second moto on the last lap, mike(#08) was letting off like crazy on that ski jump(he was in 1st, i was in 2nd) so i pinned it in 4th off of it, not knowing the left side of the run up was piss wet, and as soon as i got passed him in the air, my quad did a complete90 deg. turn(in the air) and when it hit, my whole right side of my body(neck, shoulder) nailed the ground. it wasnt the best feeling in the world.... mike ended up getting 1st, but there is a chance i possibly could of gottn 2nd or 3rd overall(only 4 riders). the crash was kind of like that natalie/byrd craash minus someone hitting me. and i was going much fasterand 6-8ft in the air.

05Z400rdr
09-30-2007, 03:18 PM
ahh sorry to hear this Jordan! like others said, there's always next season; you'll be healed up and riding before you know it! Just be glad it wasn't worse. Congrats on the great overall, though! :macho :cool:

Landon

BlaineKaiser450
09-30-2007, 03:34 PM
That sucks Pepper! get well soon!

JRP
09-30-2007, 04:50 PM
thanks you guys! im just bumed out.:ermm: hope to be back in full force soon! found out i have a "complete fracture" to my shoulder.

QuadJunkies
09-30-2007, 05:34 PM
:(

AtvMxRider
09-30-2007, 05:47 PM
am I going to have to come back to keep your *** off the ground????

JRP
09-30-2007, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
am I going to have to come back to keep your *** off the ground????

pshhh all the races u dont come to i win:p :blah:

MX MaNiAc 06
09-30-2007, 07:20 PM
That sucks man. Take it easy and let it heal. U will be riding before u know it. Did ur quad get banged up? Do u remember the wreck?

JRP
09-30-2007, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by MX MaNiAc 06
That sucks man. Take it easy and let it heal. U will be riding before u know it. Did ur quad get banged up? Do u remember the wreck?

my left front wheel got real f'ed up. i remember bits n pieces of it, but i dont remember getting taken off the track to the hospital... lol

suzukigirl
09-30-2007, 08:56 PM
that sucks..get better soon

Toadz400
10-01-2007, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by JRP
atleast a month. fractured/chipped(big piece) off my roght shoulder at the race tthid weekend. sorry if my typing isnt good, left hand sucks.also got a concussion. blows. ambulance ride was coolthough. sopissed, so close to winning the championship too.:(

Did you happen to dislocate your shoulder? Sounds like what happened to me this past summer at an MX track.

Dislocated my shoulder so bad when the humerus came out it broke off a piece of the socket and ripped everything apart. Now I have 5 scars, a very tight shoulder, and won't be riding until early next year if I'm lucky:( .

Good luck with the recovery, are you having surgery?

quad2xtreme
10-01-2007, 01:55 PM
sorry to hear this Jordan. You are an example of the main reason I don't want to race...I honestly don't trust myself. I can get very competitive and given the right situation to win, I would have done the exact same thing.

Good luck in the recovery.

JRP
10-01-2007, 04:31 PM
well i went to the orthopedic today and found out i seperated my shoulder too. i got a bunch of exercises to do for my shoulder so in 4-6 weeks i should be good.

Toadz400
10-01-2007, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by JRP
well i went to the orthopedic today and found out i seperated my shoulder too. i got a bunch of exercises to do for my shoulder so in 4-6 weeks i should be good.

Wow, you definitely got lucky. I fractured my humerus also. I've got a 6 month recovery time (doing nothing with my left arm) and then after that it's all weight training to get my strength back. The earliest I'd be able to ride is January but I'm going to wait it out as long as possible so my shoulder is as strong as it can be.

ricksmx865
10-01-2007, 07:27 PM
sorry to hear this.....

shoulder injuries definatly suck

Nick110
10-01-2007, 07:44 PM
Pepper your killing me... This means we will probably not be able to ride together at all this year. Oh well, heal up and get back on that quad.

mic 902
10-02-2007, 08:47 AM
You got 2 shoulders.. 1 spare. Get out there and ride!!! :D

OK maybe not... Thats what I did and now i got a shoulder that pops out when i pull on it the right way, kinda sucks when your heading up the straight for a holeshot and your shoulder pops out.... Hurts a bit to. :scary: Defintly give it time to heal. I made it a habit not to when I was younger (13/14 yrs old) and now i hate myself for it. :ermm:

Toadz400
10-02-2007, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by mic 902
You got 2 shoulders.. 1 spare. Get out there and ride!!! :D

OK maybe not... Thats what I did and now i got a shoulder that pops out when i pull on it the right way, kinda sucks when your heading up the straight for a holeshot and your shoulder pops out.... Hurts a bit to. :scary: Defintly give it time to heal. I made it a habit not to when I was younger (13/14 yrs old) and now i hate myself for it. :ermm:

Get the surgery done. You'll be out of any sort of physical activities for 6 months but you'll thank yourself for it later. Also decreases the amount of arthritis you'll have in your older years (30+ haha).

mic 902
10-03-2007, 02:56 AM
Originally posted by Toadz400
Get the surgery done. You'll be out of any sort of physical activities for 6 months but you'll thank yourself for it later. Also decreases the amount of arthritis you'll have in your older years (30+ haha).

Its getting better. I have been off the quad for 4 weeks now and still have another 4 r so to go. I cracked 2 ribs and pushed 1 out the back of my ribcage when I overjumped a tabletop. Have just been riding a push bike and doing weights to stay in shape. Since my shoulder has had a rest and built a bit of strength back up it seems pretty good. :D :cool: But the ribs suck :ermm:

JRP
10-03-2007, 06:00 PM
heres some pics from the race....

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p16/jrp859/Picture013.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p16/jrp859/Picture017-1.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p16/jrp859/Picture019.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p16/jrp859/Picture025.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p16/jrp859/Picture040.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p16/jrp859/Picture043.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p16/jrp859/Picture053.jpg
FAV
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p16/jrp859/Picture056.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p16/jrp859/Picture065.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p16/jrp859/Picture088.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p16/jrp859/Picture089.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p16/jrp859/Picture071.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p16/jrp859/Picture114.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p16/jrp859/Picture116.jpg

Toadz400
10-03-2007, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by mic 902
Its getting better. I have been off the quad for 4 weeks now and still have another 4 r so to go. I cracked 2 ribs and pushed 1 out the back of my ribcage when I overjumped a tabletop. Have just been riding a push bike and doing weights to stay in shape. Since my shoulder has had a rest and built a bit of strength back up it seems pretty good. :D :cool: But the ribs suck :ermm:

You'd be surprised though. I was told that I could go without surgery and just build up the muscle but there would always be a 50% chance that it would dislocate again just in my sleep. You'll forever have a "weak shoulder" without some form of surgery to tighten it back up.

Nice pics JRP, everybody was too busy calling me a pansy to take pictures of me when I was taken off the track!:p

firefighterjosh
10-03-2007, 10:01 PM
Sorry to hear that.

I broke that little ball off my shoulder about 4 years ago. After surgery, 10 screws, a nice 10 inch titanium plate, 2 months of physical therapy, I only have 90% flexibility, and constent pain in my arm.

Hope all goes better for you:)

mic 902
10-04-2007, 03:13 AM
You'd be surprised though. I was told that I could go without surgery and just build up the muscle but there would always be a 50% chance that it would dislocate again just in my sleep. You'll forever have a "weak shoulder" without some form of surgery to tighten it back up.

Nice pics JRP, everybody was too busy calling me a pansy to take pictures of me when I was taken off the track!:p

Im going back to the physio soon for my back so I will se what he has to say about it. Will also be heading to the doc soon so might ask her aswell. Thnx

And yeh, nice pics JRP. :D

JRP
10-04-2007, 09:37 AM
thanks everyone. its so swollen its not even funny:ermm:

Toadz400
10-04-2007, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by JRP
thanks everyone. its so swollen its not even funny:ermm:

Haha, yea I know what you're going through. Make sure to ice it a lot (probably every hour) and take a lot of Ibuprofen to reduce the swelling. I'd take it easy on the shoulder for now and definitely recommend physical therapy if you decide not to go through with surgery. Good luck and take it easy.

67mopar
10-04-2007, 05:30 PM
that sucks dude but i know what ur goin through. on the first day of conditioning camp for football this year i cracked the growth plate and had multiple fractures in my right knee. ithey told me i was out for the whole season. it pissed me off so bad because it was conditioning camp, football hadn't even started it was like training camo in the nfl. also i was the one that hit the guy, i didnt get tackled and im the one that got injured. anyways sorry to hear wat happened and hope you heal up well.

D-7#61-450r
10-04-2007, 06:57 PM
Who are you go to go and see for physical therapy? I went through shoulder pt for weeks and then went for an MRI after about a month and a half to not even find out what was wrong. My pt said it was a torn rotor cuff but was never verified. I still have problems moving it some mornings.

JRP
10-04-2007, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by D-7#61-450r
Who are you go to go and see for physical therapy? I went through shoulder pt for weeks and then went for an MRI after about a month and a half to not even find out what was wrong. My pt said it was a torn rotor cuff but was never verified. I still have problems moving it some mornings.

actually im not in pt yet. the doc gave me some stuff me and my parents can do, so thatwhat we have been doing.

D-7#61-450r
10-04-2007, 08:03 PM
Well if it means anything, mine does not hurt during riding. Raking leaves and working over my head is when I notice it. And like I said in the morning. The other day I could not lift my arm to turn off the alam clock. It was fine after a minute .

3x440ex
10-05-2007, 04:25 AM
Hey buddy, hope you get better soon. I see you're still wearing the bands around your wrist. that's awsome.

Flip_SideEX
10-05-2007, 11:00 AM

And you liked it. Pictures? We were all in riding gear. I think your just lucky you didnt crash cause I was right behind you.

Yea I had a minor shoulder injury. Somehow rolled going up a hill sideways, then tipped over and landed directly on the right shoulder. (Bent my steering stem) Rode the rest of the day, then went to the doctor the next day. Took X-rays and found out it was seperated. Hurt so bad, I thought it was broken. Then the following year, I played rugby for my college, and hit a guy with my left shoulder. But it didnt hurt as much as the other one so I just took ibprofeun for 2 weeks and still went at it.

Im a strong believer in "Milk Creates Strong Bones." Havent broken/fractured anything in my lifetime. I have had atleast one glass of milk or cheese every day of my life. (Calcium rocks). I guess that means im not risky enough. :confused:

JRP
10-05-2007, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by 3x440ex
Hey buddy, hope you get better soon. I see you're still wearing the bands around your wrist. that's awsome.

thanks mr. bates, they have never came off my wrist since i got them:)

Toadz400
10-05-2007, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Flip_SideEX
And you liked it. Pictures? We were all in riding gear. I think your just lucky you didnt crash cause I was right behind you.

Yea I had a minor shoulder injury. Somehow rolled going up a hill sideways, then tipped over and landed directly on the right shoulder. (Bent my steering stem) Rode the rest of the day, then went to the doctor the next day. Took X-rays and found out it was seperated. Hurt so bad, I thought it was broken. Then the following year, I played rugby for my college, and hit a guy with my left shoulder. But it didnt hurt as much as the other one so I just took ibprofeun for 2 weeks and still went at it.

Im a strong believer in "Milk Creates Strong Bones." Havent broken/fractured anything in my lifetime. I have had atleast one glass of milk or cheese every day of my life. (Calcium rocks). I guess that means im not risky enough. :confused:

Haha, that was an even wimpier injury than mine! I seriously thought you were just being a pansy when you hurt your shoulder, looked like nothing could've happened from that roll over. So of course we made you ride the entire day! :D I'm also a firm believer in drinking plenty of milk. I go through a gallon probably every couple days. There was no preventing what happened to my shoulder, no matter how much calcium I got.

quadracer707
10-06-2007, 05:03 PM
pepper i hope all good things come for you, you are young. wade had loys of injuries, just DONT RUSH it, or you will be sorry.

Ken
wades dad

JRP
10-06-2007, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by quadracer707
pepper i hope all good things come for you, you are young. wade had loys of injuries, just DONT RUSH it, or you will be sorry.

Ken
wades dad

thanks ken! im actually feeling alot better today! i can move my shoulder alot more freely then i could in the beginning of the week, and i think its from icing it 24/7 and doing my exercises! its a big difference! I go back to the doctor not this week but the following week for a revaluation and he will let me know if im ready to ride or not.:)

JRP
10-11-2007, 11:56 AM
well here are some pics of my shoulder. this week the progress kind of slowed down. i still have a hard time bringing my arm across my chest, and puttint it straight up in the air like your raising your hand in class....

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p16/jrp859/shoulder1.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p16/jrp859/shoulder2.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p16/jrp859/shoulder3.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p16/jrp859/shoulder4.jpg

Toadz400
10-11-2007, 12:57 PM
Looks like your shoulder took quite a beating. Unfortunately I didn't get any pics of after the surgery, probably would've made some people sick as they didn't do a very good job of cleaning up afterwards. When I took my bandages off after 4 days they were covered in blood. Then I got to watch them pull the stitches and my catheter out. Watching them pull the catheter made me sick because it seemed like it was never going to end, I couldn't believe how much line they got in my shoulder.

JRP
10-11-2007, 06:48 PM
Looks like your shoulder took quite a beating. Unfortunately I didn't get any pics of after the surgery, probably would've made some people sick as they didn't do a very good job of cleaning up afterwards. When I took my bandages off after 4 days they were covered in blood. Then I got to watch them pull the stitches and my catheter out. Watching them pull the catheter made me sick because it seemed like it was never going to end, I couldn't believe how much line they got in my shoulder.

dang man, that sounds sick, lol

TWISTED
10-11-2007, 06:54 PM
Two things I noticed....
1st-You need to wax those hairs on your chest. Hair causes friction and adds unecessary weight.
2nd-Shave ASAP!!! You have an image to uphold....

Toadz400
10-11-2007, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by TWISTED
Two things I noticed....
1st-You need to wax those hairs on your chest. Hair causes friction and adds unecessary weight.

I have a funny story about that...

My chest is probably twice as hairy as his, if not more, and when they removed my bandaging it ripped off a ton of hair. The bandaging spread from my complete shoulder and half my upper back to the front left of my chest to about the middle of my chest. The guy had to slowly peel it off and it still tore a ton of hair off. I also have some hair around my nipples and it still hasn't grown back in a spot since the bandaging ripped it off! Now I know what waxing feels like!!:eek2:

JRP
10-11-2007, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by TWISTED
Two things I noticed....

hahhaaha. the greenish of my bruise makes my hairs look dark, and i shaved. lol

10-11-2007, 07:34 PM
damn, looks like it feels good:o

Dupontster
10-19-2007, 04:52 PM
Hey pepper did you happen to get x-ray pics of that shoulder? I was expecting to see em

JRP
10-19-2007, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Dupontster
Hey pepper did you happen to get x-ray pics of that shoulder? I was expecting to see em

the ones we got done at the hospital never got sent up here, they were all on the computer. the ones mark ford took aka orthopedic we never got hard copies, he just showed them to us.

Dupontster
10-20-2007, 05:27 AM
Oh gotcha