PDA

View Full Version : soft/performance mode

otis
09-29-2007, 07:34 PM
Thought I would throw this out there in case people don't know. There is a soft(normal riding) and a performance mode. Under the front nose piece is a small flat electrical plug with 2 wires. If this is plugged in it is in the soft mode. This is how it comes from the factory. If you unplug it, then it is in performance mode. I am not sure how it is doing this for sure. I am assuming the timing curve is being changed. If anyone knows how would be interested in knowing.

xcracer36
09-29-2007, 07:49 PM
Thank You, I knew there was different modes but didn't know how to do it. Do you notice the difference in power? My bike is down right now so can't try it. Sounds like when its plugged in its telling the cdi box one thing then whats programmed in the cdi when its not plugged in?-Just my guess anyways

otis
09-30-2007, 08:10 AM
I have not been able to try it either. Waiting for a rear hub to show up.

rideryam
10-03-2007, 06:15 PM
What are the colors of the wires on the plug?

LT250_JOE
10-15-2007, 02:16 PM
BROWN WIRES BY CDI BOX. PLUGGED IN IS SOFT MODE, UNPLUGGED PERFORMANCE MODE. MY BUDDY JUST PICKED UP 525 AND IT SHOWS PICTURE/ PROCEDURE ON HOW TO DO IT IN OWNERS MANUAL. ALSO KTM OFFERS A SWITCH TO MOUNT ON YOUR HANDLEBARS.

QIKLTR
10-18-2007, 07:07 PM
i didnt get a owners manual with my ktm. so i dont have a reference. there are several brown wires aound the cdi box and i am confused to which one to unplug. if someone could post up some pics i would greatly appreciate it.