PDA

View Full Version : 06 and up handlebar owners

homemadebrownie
09-29-2007, 07:14 PM
i was gonna buy aftermarket handle bars for my 07 250ex and was wonderin do i need to take that black holder for my lights and key slot....and was wonderin do i need to mount them some where else on my quad??? and some pics would a great help

tedwilley
09-29-2007, 10:47 PM
I put on Pro Taper SE (7/8" same as stock diameter) bars. The black plastic fits under the cross bar and pad, just barely. You will lose the choke mount however. I have my choke tied inside the side tank plastic next to the CDI box.
A couple of notes about this method. You can see only the bottom light. It is supposed to be the reverse light, but I swapped it for the neutral light.
The other thing is the key works fine once it is inserted, but putting it in or taking it out requires slightly tilting the plastic forward. It will no longer have the screw attaching it to the handle bar so this method is easily done.
Some others have mounted the key and lights in the plastic on the older models, but I haven't seen it done on a newer model.
I'm satisfied with my method, so I didn't bother trying to relocate them to the plastic areas.

flyboy62
10-01-2007, 01:19 PM
i got the same pro taper bars and i just drilled two holes in the left side off the front plastic. just be fore the gas tank.