PDA

View Full Version : Help with which exhaust and gearing?

KAWIRYDER
09-29-2007, 06:52 PM
I have been looking for an exhaust that would give me low end and mid range power gains. I ride mostly trails and woods riding. I have purchased a K&N filter and dyno jet PC III. I'm waiting to find an exhaust. I have thought about a Two Bros. The two bros comes with different power tips for suppression and what else I don't know.I know I need some gearing changes for crawling over rocks and downed trees but I'm not sure to go with changing front or rear sprockets. I need some help please.

FUELATV
09-29-2007, 09:17 PM
I have test most of the pipes out for the KFX450 on the dyno. The Dasa pipe has made the most HP. Most people are adding one tooth to the front sprocket and seeing a nice gain especially with a Dasa pipe, FUELATV intake and a power commander.

KAWIRYDER
10-01-2007, 10:59 PM
Does the Dasa come USFS approved and has to be less than 96 db at idle I believe. Will adding one tooth will gear me down?

MXBOB
10-02-2007, 10:23 AM
adding one to the front will give you more top speed but will also help with wheel spin

FUELATV
10-08-2007, 10:28 PM
After this weekend the bike needs a 15 front BAD. The dasa does not come with a sparky, but you can add a quiet core sparky that will get it down to 96.

KAWIRYDER
10-08-2007, 11:20 PM
So if I go with a 15t front, will that help with not having to clutch so much when riding in the timber?