PDA

View Full Version : need ideas on picking parts out

03warriorrider
09-29-2007, 06:38 PM
well i picked up a 05 450r for $3,000 today and love it. had a blast today with it.

i need some opinions on things like bumpers, graphic kits, and basically dress up things. i was thinking of a prm edge bumper (almost like the baja) so if anyone has a prm edge or baja bumper please post a pic. i was also considering the pro armor xc bumper. so what do you guys think would dress my new baby up.

sorry for the crappy pic but i was having to much fun riding all day to stop and take a pic during daytime but here she is.

09-29-2007, 07:34 PM
Sweet! Enjoy the new ride.

09-29-2007, 07:43 PM
IMO go on ebay and get a set of AC Pro Peg nerf bars with heel guards/ HRC kit/ AC front bumper/ and a slip on or full system. I bought all these parts off ebay brand new except my hmf full system( got this used off ebay and it was $280 shipped) and i got it from the dealer with a hrc kit and mine is a 2004 and its awsome. the hrc kit makes a hugh difference to the stock one i rode and is only like $300 at the most. I didnt think i would like the pro peg nerfs becuause all i do is trail ride and ride on practice tracks but illl never get different ones becuase there so ncie and so comfortable. Do whatever you want but these parts are highly recommended to make it look awsome and ride nice. Also get some stock rear rims or else some beadlocks becuase those steel need to go.

03warriorrider
09-29-2007, 07:57 PM
yea i don't know why the kid before me used the steel rims, dumb in my opinion. right now I'm mainly looking for some graphics to spruce it up some. i was thinking something with green. seen these on eBay but i just don't know if i like the jjef up on them, but i definitely like how the green looks. I'm not to concerned at this point about a hrc kit or anything cause I'm basically just trail riding and it has more than enough power for now, seeing I'm use to a warrior. haha but i was thinking some nerf bars to. thanks for the ideas

03warriorrider
09-29-2007, 08:00 PM
sorry forgot the pic of the graphics

pro-rider46
09-29-2007, 08:52 PM
i think you might like my quad,

03warriorrider
09-29-2007, 09:02 PM
yea thats pretty sick. i like the black and blue combo. nice quad

pro-rider46
09-29-2007, 09:08 PM
yep alba action makes those if your interested, any questions just ask

09-30-2007, 10:44 AM
IDK about that JJefup graphics kit or whatever, really isnt all that good looking and may be made fun of once you put it on. Yea I didnt know that you were only trail riding. What mods are already done to it? Also it looks like it has fat bars so thats a nice upgrade. If I were only trail riding I would just get a set of nerfs and a bumper. Also you can find a set of stock rear rims on here for a decent price so I would check that out. As far as an exhaust I would at least find a decent slip on becuase stock just suck so look around on here for a nice slip on or maybe a good price on a full system but then you would have to jet it.

03warriorrider
09-30-2007, 01:17 PM
i haven't done anything to it yet just picked it up yesterday, but it has renthal bars, dg grab bar, dg (i believe) rear skid, hd rears and the ****ty steel rims in the rear. so its doesn't have anything major done.

as far as things i want to do is obviously a bumper since its trashed, would like to get fasst flexx bars, some graphics since it looks naked, nerfs, maybe some better pegs, would like to have the shocks re-valved and set up for trail or xc, maybe a gt thunder xc rear link, razor II or hd fronts, and a steering stabilizer.

as far as a gt rear link does that hang any lower than stock, so would i be sacrificing any ground clearance?

quadwanter
09-30-2007, 01:26 PM
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a257/Quadwanter/DSCN0135.jpg

if you get the GT thunder link you would be best off getting the whole shock rebuilt, you wont regret it. i had to cut my skid plate to get the link to fit because it does sit lower but its not the lowest point of the bike

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a257/Quadwanter/GTthunders020.jpg

and i like the look of a naked bike, i might put a monster kit on it though ad a little bit of personality to it

03warriorrider
09-30-2007, 06:02 PM
thanks quadwanter for the info on the gt thunder link, the monster graphics look sweet to. i really like the green on black decals just wish i could find more of them. i was thinking some sort of green graphics, some green hang guards and possibly hipers with green rings would look sick.