PDA

View Full Version : e series info..

zzbudzz
11-01-2002, 11:42 PM
i just got a e-series slip-on and i'm looking to get the most out it .how many discs should i run?i removed the choke and put a 42 pilot in,and a 155 main jet.lowered the needle clip down 1. so ,what the best setup for my quad. i want to have power down low and mid range,i don't really care about top speed.i haven't installed it yet .so, want have you other e series owners done ? add more disc? take some out ?take the end cap off?

11-02-2002, 08:34 AM
adding more gives you more power , not noticable though to me atleast, taking some out quiets it for trails and forests, and top speed on streets :D, i run about 9 or 10 around trails on my 300 and about i ran with no spark arrestor when i raced at a track only. i would recommend you keep around 8,9 or 10 on for trails and places noise matters, but when you go to the track or drag strip or some place noise doesnt matter, just take the spark arrestor out it is better than 20disks cause there isnt any restrictions. the end cap is there for looks not function [when the spark arrestor is in, that is ] the exhaust exits through the side of the disks that why the more disks you have the more exhaust comes out. i hope i helped

AtvMxRider
11-02-2002, 08:37 AM
Bump!

11-02-2002, 08:46 AM
ok here is my dyno jet jet kit information for stage 1 for a 400 with an aftermarket exhaust if you are below 3000ft [main jet only, others are below 5000ft]
stage1:below 3000ft then you use a 146 main,install needle on groove #3, and turn fuel mixture screw until it seats then turn out 3.5 turns, the needle and mixture screw info was for below 5000ft, if this isnt the right elevation then tell me and i will tell you the above 3000 and 5000 and if you want to run stage 2 then tell me i will tell you the extra info .

RED121572
11-02-2002, 09:56 AM
The more disk that you add, the more top end power you will recieve....and in turn you will lose bottom end pull.

Scott400EX
11-04-2002, 02:39 PM
if all you have is a jst kit, slip on, and a filter then id say run the 12 disks that come with teh pipe with the spark arrestor in.
The more disks u add you will open the exh up more. however if your engine doesnt have enough HP to use that extra air flow you will lose HP. and the more wide open it is the less bottom end you have.

400exBro
11-04-2002, 06:18 PM
more disk = more top end less bottom.
less disk = less top end more bottom

no s/a mx use only, more top end less bottom gives it a wiked loud sound, pulls great through mid range,

i am running a 160 main and 3rd notch, pulls nice

Bro