View Full Version : HMF Slip-On HELP!!!

kfxracer
09-29-2007, 03:20 PM
I have asked this in other threads before, but no one has answered me, and someone has to know. I have a HMF Slip-On, and want a head pipe to go with it. What head pipes will work? My dad has a car shop, so I can cut, heat, and maybe expand a little if necessary. But, I would like a bolt-on pipe that gives good HP gains. Please DO NOT try to get me to but cams, pistons, etc. In every other thread, people said that I shouldn't buy one until further mods, but I AM buying one, so please DO NOT reply, unless you can help me! Thank You!!!

TheNewn
09-29-2007, 07:08 PM
Plain and simple.

Have you tried the HMF head pipe?

Or if you want something thats IMO better, the FMF power bomb head pipe should bolt up/line up fine.

kfxracer
09-29-2007, 07:57 PM
ok thanks!

kfxracer
09-30-2007, 01:19 PM
Does anyone know where I can get a HMF head pipe used/cheap? They are like $250 new, and I'm not paying that much!

TheNewn
09-30-2007, 02:05 PM
The Wonderful tool of Ebay...

Or look in the classifieds of this forum....

Common sense?

kfxracer
09-30-2007, 05:10 PM
I have tried both and neither have them, and not to be rude, but I have common sense, and you should have asked before trying to put me down. Thanks

Bender
09-30-2007, 05:42 PM
Well maybe if you write a nice letter saying you refuse to pay $250 for the HMF pipe, HMF will send you one for free. You got to pay to play, otherwise maybe daddy can build you a custom exhaust at his shop for free.:rolleyes:

kfxracer
09-30-2007, 05:59 PM
The only reason I don't want to pay $250 is because you can get a Powerbomb for $180! And honestly, I really don't think the HMF is going to outperform the FMF Powerbomb enough to be worth the extra $80! Unless I'm totally stupid, I really don't believe it's worth that! And, I'm not a lil spoilt rich kid, so you can stop with the whole "have daddy build you one" act! But seriously, are there any other alternatives?

hardtrailz400
10-01-2007, 09:00 AM
I would try to find someone with one and measure it and try to make it yourself. It wont cost much and if it doesnt work you will have learned something. It sounds like you have access to the right tools and necessary assistance, so a bit of time and a couple dollars might get you what you want. You might get lucky and find a good or new way to make them so you can sell your one. Good luck

jonridesz400
10-01-2007, 04:49 PM
no i dont know of anyone who has a deal on one but i was thinking of getting one this summer if u get one post a pic and tell me how u like it.

kfxracer
10-01-2007, 05:03 PM
ok I will! The only problem with building one myself, is that my dad doesn't do roll cages and stuff, so the only way to bend the pipe is to heat it up and use your muscle. LOL! And, by doing that, I'm afraid I'll kink the tubing and the header won't flow good.

jonridesz400
10-02-2007, 01:53 PM
that could be a problem it would be like trying to bend a rolled up peice of paper they just bend in one spot not a circle.