PDA

View Full Version : College

brad7131
09-29-2007, 12:29 PM
After seeing the "who is in high school" thread, I decided to make one of my own..

What was/is/is going to be your major in college, and where did you go to college?

I'm going to major in pre-dentistry, then go to school to become an orthodontist.

Currently I have a 3.68 GPA, and to get into LSU you need a 3.0 and to score a 26 on the ACT. I'm taking the ACT this fall, and I plan on taking it again this spring, and twice next year (my senior year), to try and get the best score possible.

madskrillz2
09-29-2007, 12:50 PM
you sure you dont mean the ACT? i thought the SAT was scored in the 100's. most colleges pay the most attention to your ACT too. a lot of times, even more so than your GPA

gncc025
09-29-2007, 01:03 PM
Associates degree- machine tool & die
Northeast MS
graduated this year

quadwanter
09-29-2007, 01:18 PM
Criminal Justice major - law enforcement
Southeast Missouri State

Pipeless416
09-29-2007, 01:23 PM
Industrial Technologies.. Eastern Illinois University

Doober
09-29-2007, 01:54 PM
Powersport Technician
Ohio Technical College(Powersport Institute)

250r rider 88
09-29-2007, 02:09 PM
Mechanical Engineering Technology
Purdue UNiversity -BOILER UP!

hungus07trx400
09-29-2007, 02:46 PM
Keene State, Business Management

Quad18star
09-29-2007, 03:37 PM
I studied Civil Engineering a few years back .... now I'm studying Mining and Geological Engineering... both at the same college.

I go to a small college here in town called Cambrian College of Applied Arts and Technology .:)

Sjorge450R
09-29-2007, 05:56 PM
i hate this topic!

I cannot decide what i want to do or where i wanna go. Its just really starting to get to me. I don't wanna go to just any school as Undecided and then when i figure out what i wanna do and realize that, that school doesn't have that topic I don't know what i would. Thats why I'm thinking 2 years at a Community College that is like 30 min from my house and then that should give me enough time to figure out what i wanna do. Or not and I will still be in the same position.

Then again, I cant wait for the college experience. Its basically completely me. I mean, living on your own. No parents/siblings to get in your way.

I have tossed around a few ideas.

mech. engineering
becoming an architect
Secondary Education

all of them being completly different :scary:

Moto49X
09-29-2007, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Pipeless416
Industrial Technologies.. Eastern Illinois University \

wooow, wierd i live in charleston, right behind 4th street records.

Telecommunications Outdoor Plant.
Lakeland Community College

chevy
09-29-2007, 06:13 PM
Pennsylvania College of Technology
Welding and Fabrication Engineering Technology

Quad18star
09-29-2007, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
i hate this topic!

I cannot decide what i want to do or where i wanna go. Its just really starting to get to me. I don't wanna go to just any school as Undecided and then when i figure out what i wanna do and realize that, that school doesn't have that topic I don't know what i would. Thats why I'm thinking 2 years at a Community College that is like 30 min from my house and then that should give me enough time to figure out what i wanna do. Or not and I will still be in the same position.

Then again, I cant wait for the college experience. Its basically completely me. I mean, living on your own. No parents/siblings to get in your way.

I have tossed around a few ideas.

mech. engineering
becoming an architect
Secondary Education

all of them being completly different :scary:

I was in the same position as you . When I came out of highschool , I had almost no idea as to what I wanted to do , but back then I didn't want to sit at a desk job and I didn't want to stay around town here after I was done my schooling , so I jumped into Civil Engineering. I did it for a few years and realized it wasn't for me .... LOTS of math involved and I didn't like the fact that I would be bumped around from different job sites for weeks at a time and not be home.

When I had to choose which program I wanted to get into , I basically flipped a coin ... it was between Civil Engineering and Mining Engineering ... Civil had won .

Fast Forward 3 1/2 years later ... present day .... I'm now enrolled at the same college and taking the Mining Engineering program . The program now has 2 programs enrolled into 1 .. Mining and Geological Engineering .... I now LOVE the program. I should have taken it when I first went to college. Still lots of math involved but things are different ... this stuff interests me so I'm giving it 110% to succeed.

My best advice , is that you research the career as much as you can . Read articles about future employment outlook .... find whats going to be in demand .... know what the program entails. Architecture and Engineering all have a ton of math involved ....teaching requires a lot of patience .

Also don't get discouraged if you get into a program and don't like it . more than 3/4's of the people I know have switched their field of study 1 or more times. I have a friend that did 3 1/2 years out of a 4 year degree in Law and and jumped ship to take fashion design.... Law just wasn't for her.

If you like what you're taking , you'll succeed.

Bradracer18
09-29-2007, 10:10 PM
Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering(Power and Machinery Engineering)

Iowa State University

Robin Hood
09-30-2007, 09:23 AM
Freshman at NJIT (New Jersey Institute of Tech).

Studying Civil Engineering.

beaker1214
09-30-2007, 09:28 AM
Southern Illinois University

Informations System technologies

Graduating this may hopefully!!! Then time to go to STL and get a job!

CDALEMX301
09-30-2007, 09:30 AM
After High School I wasn't to sure what I wanted to do...I really wanted Law Enforcment but I also liked the idea of running my own business and working for my parents...I decided on Criminal Justice went to Roger Williams for a semester and hated the school so I moved home...and went to a local community college for a semester...Transferred agan to Worcester State College and there CJ program was small and full so I took business...After three semesters I hated the business program and took only core classes....I have now taken two semesters off and should be leaving for Cape May New Jersey in the next couple months for US Coast Guard boot camp and will go on from there...The kicked of the whole thing is I wanted to join the CG outta High School but was afraid to tell my parents...So 4 years later I nutted up and made the decision to go...

I-7
09-30-2007, 12:06 PM
I'm at Oneonta State college of New York majoring in Psychology and minoring in Criminal Justice.

jesseweaver
09-30-2007, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Doober
Powersport Technician
Ohio Technical College(Powersport Institute)
sounds like something i would like to go to college for. what exactly is a powersport technician? like working on motorcycles and quads and stuff?

Doober
09-30-2007, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
sounds like something i would like to go to college for. what exactly is a powersport technician? like working on motorcycles and quads and stuff?

Yep they teach you to work on Quads, Streetbikes, Dirtbikes, and Personal Watercraft.

Pipeless416
09-30-2007, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by beaker1214
Southern Illinois University

Informations System technologies

Graduating this may hopefully!!! Then time to go to STL and get a job!

siuc or siue?

jesseweaver
09-30-2007, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Doober
Yep they teach you to work on Quads, Streetbikes, Dirtbikes, and Personal Watercraft.
cool. sounds like fun. how long are you going for that?

derekhonda
09-30-2007, 05:01 PM
Indiana University
Senior! (woot woot)
2 majors:
Business Entrepreneurship and Operations Management.

beaker1214
09-30-2007, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Pipeless416
siuc or siue?

My bad SIUC

rancherrider69
09-30-2007, 08:05 PM
powersport/marine mechanic - Alexandria Tech, MN
should be getting my acceptance letter this week

trxwannbe
09-30-2007, 08:07 PM
western connecticut state college freshman majoring in computer science technology

joshyz125
09-30-2007, 09:04 PM
Electronics Technology, and took the BioMedical Classes to go in that direction

Doober
09-30-2007, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
cool. sounds like fun. how long are you going for that?

its a 1 year college

trx440
09-30-2007, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda
Indiana University
Senior! (woot woot)
2 majors:
Business Entrepreneurship and Operations Management.

Congratulations. I remember when you were just a little high Schooler. Now you're about ready to go be a grown-up.

And best yet, you didn't have to go to Purdon't.

Are you gonna get your MBA from Kelley? If you can, do it.

woodsman250r
10-01-2007, 01:22 PM
Muskingum College- BA in History and Minor in English. Might be going to get my masters from The Ohio State University, but undecided as of now.

Flip_SideEX
10-01-2007, 03:08 PM
University of Wisconsin - Stout.

Sophomore enrolled in Construction Management.

ricksmx865
10-01-2007, 04:32 PM
ball state university

graphic design