PDA

View Full Version : Which new four wheeler should i get??? Help

BigBore440EX
09-28-2007, 09:37 PM
Im gittin a new 450 yamaha... suzuki... deff not kawaskai .. yamaha..????? which one my buddy is getting a 450r ( honda) and hes raggin me cuz iw ant a ltr hes sayin they are slow blah blah blah i just wantin something with raw power and speed which one is the best stock??

mx1791
09-29-2007, 12:24 AM
if the quad being wide isnt a problem get the ltr. if you ride tight trails then yamaha. dont listen to your buddy becouse 450r's pretty much blow lol.

newjt2
09-29-2007, 05:42 AM
Yea man i agree, my friend and i both had similar setups on ur 400ex's and they would hold with his brothers cammed 450r till right around 3rd gear (switched up drivers too cause we thought maybe he just couldnt drive) and now my ltr just blows him away with the simple stuff on it. If you dont care about width its your best bet and the fuel injection is nice starts up fast every time.

jherbie28
09-29-2007, 08:48 AM
and remember that the ltr might seem slow right out of the box but after taking off the airbox lid, the baffel out and adding a cherry bomb, the ltr wakes up like no other. amazing difference. also you cant get that kind of power for $30 out of any other quad.

BigBore440EX
09-29-2007, 09:09 AM
yeah im liking it being wide cuz i rode my stock 400 then rode a 400 with extended a arms and it was like ridin a completely diff bike im really wanting to get the special edition and im just hopin if i go in debt for it that itll be deff worth it but i mean 2 grand more than a 450r? sompn better be special bout the ltr

mx1791
09-29-2007, 10:33 PM
my friends ltr has a full yoshi and a cherry bomb and he has arm ripping power compared to my bike. i take his quad and just jump everything even though im not used to the bike. ltr's are just really comfortable and easy to control

foxrider87
09-30-2007, 10:32 AM
ya, my buddy added the cherry bomb,lid,baffle and it made a massive defference.im stuck between the suzuki,yamaha,honda and im not sure witch 450 i want either.

wescaster
09-30-2007, 10:16 PM
get a kawasaki, really there is nothing wrong with them. i dont know why everyone dislikes them. i does need to be re-geared.

mx1791
09-30-2007, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by wescaster
get a kawasaki, really there is nothing wrong with them. i dont know why everyone dislikes them. i does need to be re-geared.
usually when someones dead set on disliking a quad they just refuse to listen to anyone talk good about it, lol. idk if thats his case or not, im just saying.
as for me id LOVE to have a kawi, and out of all the 450's including can-am and ktm, the kawi will deff be my next bike:)

07yfz88trx
09-30-2007, 11:51 PM
i love my yfz and wouldn't trade it for anything but im pretty impresed with the ltr's i mean most yfz's with pipes and paddles i can beat them at the drags with my stock yfz but most ltr's with pipe paddles and cherry bomb i can't beat like im one or 2 bike lengths behind them but i cant beat them like i can usually beat most yfz