PDA

View Full Version : need help diagnosing blaster problem

rdw03400ex
09-28-2007, 08:19 PM
i just bought a 02 blaster for my brother,it was just rebuilt.the problem im having is its not kicking in powerband and is smoking extremely bad,pure white smoke. now i swapped reeds and carbs off of another blaster that runs fine, and still the same problem. when i had the other carb on it did seem to pull a little bit harder but still no powerband and tons of smoke. the guy i got the quad off of said that the motor sat open for a little while and he poured some oil into the bottom of the engine(im guessing by the crank shaft) before he put it all back together, and says thats why its smoking so bad. it has a complete dg exhaust,k&n filter and im not sure if it is jetted. i tried everything i could possibly think of and i am stumped. it has great compression and a new plug. i have been told by a couple of ppl that it could be the box on the top of the carb but i would much rather make sure thats the problem before i spend any more money. so if anyone has any info or suggestions it would be greatly appriciated. thanks

m36indiana
09-28-2007, 08:47 PM
too much oil mixed with the gas maybe?

rdw03400ex
09-29-2007, 04:48 AM
i dont think. i mixed it 30:1 and even so that would not cause it to not hit powerband

Toadz400
09-29-2007, 10:02 AM
The piston's not in backwards is it? I know someone who put theirs in backwards and it ran like that.