PDA

View Full Version : fcr owners please look, need help

crashinmatt
11-01-2002, 08:57 PM
when i punch the throttle on my fcr, it bogs down. to me, it sounds like it is runnin rich, right? but i currently have a 160 main jet in it and it does this. at first i started with a 175 and worked my way down. but it dont seem right, cuz it hasnt changed with any of the jets. my question is am i even workin on the right jet? should i be moving the needle instead or should i go smaller? also, just wonderin what other fcr owners r runnin jet wise? and yes, i tried doin a search and couldnt find what i wanted to know.

Extremeracer167
11-01-2002, 09:20 PM
u should prob. try going a size bigger in your main jet. Getting too much fuel, and not enough air. Ive been messing with mine the last few days.

stupid driver
11-01-2002, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Extremeracer167
u should prob. try going a size bigger in your main jet. Getting too much fuel, and not enough air. Ive been messing with mine the last few days.

u mean smaller dont ya. bigger the main jet, the more fuel u let in

crashinmatt
11-02-2002, 06:35 AM
so, u guys r sayin that 160 isnt too small already. i was runnin a 165 on my stock carb and it was dead on. i was thinkin that with the fcr bein a bigger bore then i would be runnin possibly the same size, but most likely bigger. oh well, i guess i need to just mess around with it more. thanks

jerry-89-250R
11-02-2002, 06:48 AM
i run a 180 main needle clip in #2 position from the top, on my 440, runs great,

Extremeracer167
11-02-2002, 10:53 AM
yeah sorry, when i wrote that i was drunk haha j/k, i mean smaller. where is your clip at. If its got a dead spot on the botom, make sure its atleast on the3rd clip down. And work your way UP! dont go down anymore, going down will enhance top end but lose low.

crashinmatt
11-02-2002, 06:59 PM
ok, i just checked my needle clip position, and its on the 3rd groove down from the top. im gonna move it up to the 2nd groove and try it out tomorrow. thanks

mxracer111
11-02-2002, 11:18 PM
in my opinion....no one on here has answered your queston right.
i have much experience with the 39mm FCR carb. your main jet is about right maybe want a 160- 165 . and i believe about a 52 pilot. the fuel screw should be approx. 2 turns out. but this screw is what will affect your hesitation when you hit the throttle. start ar 2 turns then go 1/2 turn at a time till its dead on. it WILL take a lot of time and patience. but take your time casue when its dialed in that carb will be SWEET!

crashinmatt
11-03-2002, 06:29 AM
thanks, u helped out more. im gonna mess around with it today and try to get it dead on.

crashinmatt
11-03-2002, 01:51 PM
ok, i was messin with the carb today, and im in the same spot i have been all along. what i have figured out is, when i help the accelerator pump go down, it works great. when i push the throttle slower, it goes down all the way, when i push the throttle faster it doesnt. im lost, would possibly move up on the pilot help any, cuz its a 50?and i turned the screw from 2 to 3 turns out and no difference without helpin the accelerator pump. or is there something i can do with the spring inside the pump, cuz when i take it out it works but does pump back up after its empty? any more help, i would be thankful for.