PDA

View Full Version : Leatt Brace cuts neck

mxkids
09-28-2007, 10:24 AM
I read this on another forum and thought I would post for others. Here is the link with pics of him

http://www.midsouthmx.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=484&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

hungus07trx400
09-28-2007, 11:37 AM
That's crazy I literally just watched a 12 min vid of David Bailey explaining how good it was, and how necessary. Those pictures of the kid are pretty terrible though.

mxmike17
09-28-2007, 01:32 PM
I realy dont understand how that is possable?

mxkids
09-28-2007, 02:28 PM
I am not sure, but like his dad said if he did not have it on it could have been alot worse.

raidernut
09-28-2007, 04:09 PM
I understand like he said he didnt have the pieces in place that are designed to cover the buckle. I would not let this unfortunate event deter you from this great product.

Flynbryan19
09-28-2007, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by mxkids
I am not sure, but like his dad said if he did not have it on it could have been alot worse.

Thats the answer right there. ^^^

If my kid were racing mx it would be on his neck. ;)

riding4fun
10-01-2007, 10:14 AM
That's scary. We had a race in Speedworld this weekend and during practice Zachary was hit hard from behind, both quads flipped and both kids flew off. I didn't see it but heard from other parents. Now this was Zachary's first race with the Leatt brace and he got up like nothing happened, didn't cry and went back out racing.

If he was wearing his other neck roll I know this could have been worse. Even the next day no word about soreness in his neck or anything. So far so good with this brace.

hotquads1
10-03-2007, 05:38 AM
that could have been a very bad injury,I am sure we dont know all of the details , but I am glad this kid is going home with a band aid on his neck instead of in a wheel chair. My kid will be wearing his Leatt brace at the track .
marc

KidsMX
10-03-2007, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Flynbryan19
Thats the answer right there. ^^^

If my kid were racing mx it would be on his neck. ;)

These two posting say it all.

My kids have been wearing them since they first hit the US. They have held up well and save for a couple of bruises after crashes that may have broken collar bones anyway they have made no complaints and I have not seen anything more serious than a little rub on the back.

Anyone that clicks up past third gear whether it be on the track or on the trail should be wearing one of these.

P.S. Thank God Jess is OK. That is a gnarly injury.

bulldogfallon
10-04-2007, 09:34 AM
Just like wearing a seatbelt in an accident.....

It will leaves bruises, but you will still be breathing.

Sometimes the seat belt makes things worse, but you have to look at the percentages of when it makes the result better.

It outweighs the risk of not wearing one

Nothing is full proof...

forgiven
10-05-2007, 01:52 AM
All I can say is WOW! I know what we all do is dangerous but I couldn't imagine that happening to one of my boys. I will have to look into a couple of those for my boys.

MXfun
10-11-2007, 10:57 AM
http://minixriders.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=541[/URL]

The above link confirms the good side of the Leatt.