PDA

View Full Version : USRA races

riding4fun
09-28-2007, 06:16 AM
I don't know if this has been posted yet. sldhd700 advised me that the USRA voted in favor of running a mini class.
Their site is www.raceusra.com

So I put in a call and they told me that the mini classes are a mandatory addition in 2008 and any clubs that put on races for the rest of this year are allowed to run mini classes if they want.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem like the clubs want to run mini's until it's mandatory. At least none by me.

But this is good news for us westerners, something else we can race in.

Well, were off to Speedworld in AZ for our race. Be safe.

Darrell

papasmurf
11-09-2007, 12:30 PM
Calrification, Are you saying that both the desert and MX series are going to be required to run a mini-quad class/es? I called and spoke with Dana Barlow earlier this year and was told there was no mini quad classes but the a couple of the tracks ran mini-quads.

Do you know if they will have a class for each AATVA class and will follow the AATVA rules?

riding4fun
11-09-2007, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by papasmurf
Calrification, Are you saying that both the desert and MX series are going to be required to run a mini-quad class/es? I called and spoke with Dana Barlow earlier this year and was told there was no mini quad classes but the a couple of the tracks ran mini-quads.

Do you know if they will have a class for each AATVA class and will follow the AATVA rules?

When I spoke to Dana at the end of September she said the mini quad classes were going to be mandatory add's in 2008. She didn't say whether Desert was part of it and I didn't ask.

As far as rules and classes I didn't ask that either. Sorry I can't help more. I do need to call her again.

Sorry, I should of put this in the miniracing forum.

papasmurf
11-09-2007, 01:00 PM
This is better news than what I received earlier this year. I will look into the classes

sldhd700
11-09-2007, 06:07 PM
Hey Darrel

I m glad you posted this here I generally don t check the race forum. I ve been told that they were running mini quads at the desert races this year. There was one race I was going to take Shayden to and they didn thave problem running minis. I would also like to take Shayden to a desert race or two that could kinda follow some of the WORCS format. A little more experience can never hurt. Papa smurf are you in the western area? If so good to see another Westerner on this board.

Shayden Housley #39

riding4fun
11-09-2007, 06:57 PM
Paul,

Well maybe we can get a race that we can both attend. I think the Desert race would be fun also.

Talk to ya later.

papasmurf
11-09-2007, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by sldhd700
Hey Darrel

I m glad you posted this here I generally don t check the race forum. I ve been told that they were running mini quads at the desert races this year. There was one race I was going to take Shayden to and they didn thave problem running minis. I would also like to take Shayden to a desert race or two that could kinda follow some of the WORCS format. A little more experience can never hurt. Papa smurf are you in the western area? If so good to see another Westerner on this board.

Shayden Housley #39

I live in central utah and used to race the USRA series a long time ago.

I email Dana this is what she sent me on the rules.
Here are the rules for the mini class that the USRA is promoting for 2008.

The Pee Wee ATV Class requirements for 2008 are as follows:
The age requirements are "Thru 12 Years Old" (there is no minimum)
The maximum displacement is 90cc 2-Stroke / 125cc 4-Stroke.
It is a heads up class which means there are no stock requirements except for cc's & it must be a mini ATV.
The class will be run wherever the individual tracks decide to run them. (most are already on the big tracks).

I wish they would atleast make a Jr/Sr class split and run 0-10 and a 11-15 class. With these rules two of my girls can't race.