PDA

View Full Version : 05 yfz need help please!!!

jim_beam_racer
09-27-2007, 07:35 PM
ok guys its with the anti freeze
i fill the radiator up full then the resi in the back in between coolant and low
well when i ride it it gets hot then will fill up the rest of the way above full
and i kno thats normal but the problem that i am havin is that after i ride it again
the anti freeze level in the back goes down
and everytime i ride it hard it goes down more
i couldnt find any leaks or any thing and the radiators like 3/4 full
i think allot of it is goin out the overflow tube because when i am done ridin it there is anti freeze on my swinger and little drips still on the end of the line
i dont know wuts up and i dont know if thats normal or what
if you could help me out
that would be great
Thank you

imsam77
10-04-2007, 06:19 AM
i think i had the same exact problem as you. the tube coming from the bottom of the coolant pump had a few drops of antifreeze on it. Mine had a seal in the pump go, it's a easy fix if you have the service manual, and not expensive. I hope this helps.

jshtex
10-07-2007, 07:02 PM
Unfortunatly YFZ's have problems with leaky water pump seals. You didn't say what year your bike was but I have been around all the way up to 06's and they have all had issues. In 06 they basically tried to hide it by running a hose from the weep hole on the bottom of the water pump to the back of the bike. I guess if you don't see it leaking it must not be a problem right?

I don't know if that is your problem but if it is then...

The best fix is to replace the impellar shaft, both seals and the impellar shaft bearing all at the same time. It doesn't cost a lot and that way you don't have to go back in if your shaft is worn and wears out the new seals.

One thing to keep an eye out for is that some of the bikes came from the factory with the outer seal installed backwards. So if you put them back in the same way it may cause it to fail sooner. The two seals flat sides should face each other in the middle.

If you do end up replacing the stuff hit me up and I can give you some tips on the job.

I just saw where you said in the title that you had an 05. Look under the brake pedal side of the motor below where the coolant hose goes into the engine. With the bike warmed up you may find coolant coming out of the "weep hole" there on the bottom of the bike. Thats the symptom of the leaking seal.

jim_beam_racer
10-13-2007, 04:30 PM
Thank you so much jshtex i took it to liesure time and they checked all the seals and head gasket and they said they were fine but then today i was out ridin and i was riding it good and hard and i felt under by the water pump and i felt something we and i sniffed it and its definatly anti freeze so i was gonna replace wut u said and do that but since ive never done it and so i dont screw nothin up i figured id take it to liesure but could you get me some prices on the parts please
Thank you

Ride1Rob
10-14-2007, 08:08 AM
Number ten on the microfiche.

http://houseofmotorcycles.bikebandit.com/parts/Yamaha/YFZ450T+YFZ450/2005/1120308