View Full Version : trx 250r front caliper rebuild kit

mineralgrey01gt
09-27-2007, 04:24 PM
Anyone know where I can get a couple of these? I have to clean up my calipers on my 4 wheeler and I figured while they are down they will need a rebuild, well one of them needs a rebuild anyways.

Aceman
09-27-2007, 04:29 PM
I've never seen an aftermarket rebuild kit for the calipers, only one for the master cylinders. Buying OEM piece by piece is the only way I know.

mineralgrey01gt
09-27-2007, 04:31 PM
about a month ago i found 2 on ebay of actual rebuild kits for the front calipers, i started to buy them but i didnt (now i wish i did)

Aceman
09-27-2007, 04:34 PM
What do they sell in the rebuild kits? I'd pop the pistons out of the calipers, and if they still look nice and smooth with no grooves, I'd just buy the couple of orings for inside the caliper. Really not much to it and I wouldn't think it would cost more than a few bucks. It's when you start replacing pistons that it gets expensive.

mineralgrey01gt
09-27-2007, 04:53 PM
it was some o-rings, which like you said wouldnt be much at all to replace, the rubber piece that holds fluid im guessing because mine is busted on my calipers and needs to be replaced, and something else, cant remember what it was.

Rich250RRacer
09-27-2007, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by mineralgrey01gt
it was some o-rings, which like you said wouldnt be much at all to replace, the rubber piece that holds fluid im guessing because mine is busted on my calipers and needs to be replaced, and something else, cant remember what it was.

Changing the seals is only half the battle. You must clean the grooves, 250R's are prone to build up oxidation in the seal grooves and not let the seals seat fully. This puts pressure against the piston and doesn't let it move as freely as it should. Use a sharp dental pick and clean all four grooves in each caliper completely, the outer one will be the worst.

mineralgrey01gt
09-27-2007, 06:22 PM
oh im definitely going to clean them up very well before I put them back on.

gfast
09-27-2007, 08:10 PM
cal-atv has honda oem calipers & kits.have done business with them great service