PDA

View Full Version : Yoshimura bolt on

Alberta EX
10-30-2001, 06:58 PM
Anybody here running with a Yoshi bolt-on pipe on their 400?
I am thinking of getting one for my mine, Marcums ATV rated it their #1 pick, what do you guys think? and did you have to re-jet after the bolt-on.

Atomic83
10-30-2001, 08:08 PM
All i can say is i love mine, but the neighbors don't :D

I bought mine from Marcum's too.
I added a K&N air filter and put a few vents in my lid and went up to 155 on the main jet. Before I put in the filter and vents in it seemed to be running fine with just the slip on, but I didn't run it long.

shock400ex32
10-30-2001, 08:29 PM
How much of a gain did it give you??

nigsrig
10-30-2001, 08:36 PM
just got one myself,rode all weekend with it.i had a white bros e-series and i like the yoshimura better,i could feel a difference when i put on the yoshimura after taking off the white bros.. get one bro. you won't be disappointed..and i have a k&n jet kit installed on mine to,i would recommend this to you

:devil

Atomic83
10-30-2001, 08:57 PM
It gave me a pretty decent power gain. I don't really have anything to compare it to. I think the jet kit was a waste of money. The only reason i got it was because I didn't know what jet sizes i would need. I started with 160 and that was a little rich and went down to 155 and that worked fine. But the kit doesn't come with pilot jets, so that sucks. I think the needle is suposed to give you better throttle responce but i don't think it's worth $50.

SGA
10-31-2001, 06:42 PM
I got a yoshi slipon, added more power . ordered mine from marcums with spark arrestor and TEC (tuneable end cap) It was too loud for me so I ordered the silencer kit, $40.00. came with 2 tips, small for quiet & a medium size. I run medium. You can remove the arrestor & run it straight open (no silencer tip) they will hear you coming for sure. overall i like it

Atomic83
10-31-2001, 07:24 PM
hey sgaexer, how loud is yours with the silencer kit on there?
because deer season is fixing to start and I don't want to have to put the stock silencer back on.

SGA
10-31-2001, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Atomic83
hey sgaexer, how loud is yours with the silencer kit on there?
because deer season is fixing to start and I don't want to have to put the stock silencer back on.
Heres a pic. the smallest tip is on left, not much louder than stock, but shuts down the power also. I like the mid size,which is in now, quiet at idle, has a nice bark at WOT. the piece on the fender is the spark arrestor screen which came with the pipe. both tips come with screens on them also. You need to have the removable end cap to use this kit. Three screws on the end.

Atomic83
10-31-2001, 10:06 PM
(EDITED-KEEP IT CLEAN PLEASE) i don't think mine has the removeable cap... that sucks...

how much did you pay for your silencer?

SGA
10-31-2001, 10:19 PM
$35-40.00 i think for both end caps. don't remember how much the slip on was but marcums cut me a good deal on it compared to other places. the end caps just slow the flow down. you probably can make your own with some pipe. Oh bye the way, no cursing please.

Atomic83
10-31-2001, 10:28 PM
yeah, i might try to rig a little somthing up (just for temporary use). I bet it wouldn't be to hard. Thanks for the help