PDA

View Full Version : First post and some advice request

hellbent
09-27-2007, 11:46 AM
My family got a place up north in maine and I have been riding a 250ex (pics later) and its nothing to fancy. I have been riding it on weekends that I can actually go up there. It is easy to ride and very fun but it is bone stock 2002 250ex. Is there any advice you could give such as painting cutting and performance. Performance is important but also somewhat expensive and I would like the atv to stand out a little more then the stock red look it has. Thanks:)

TRXRIDER4567
09-27-2007, 01:42 PM
well first of all get rid of those rear balloons and put on some 20 inch razers. Also you could put a pipe.A diamond J widening kit for the front and some spacers to the rear.A aftermarket CDI is Easy and always helps. Also a new piston and cams.If you want a diff look you could get some different fenders or cut your fenders. YOu could get nerfs a bumper and a grab bar.

these are just some suggestions its up to you.

07250ex
09-27-2007, 01:45 PM
20 inch Razr tires, hmf sport, k&n/Uni filter, cdi maybe, re jet it, buy or cut the plastics, that should satisfy you in the power/accel/noise deparmentt and looks department

m.h.s.c.#527
09-27-2007, 03:17 PM
mine stands out i also have a mods list this is a true trail set up

JBacon
09-29-2007, 09:17 AM
uh yea, do not paint the plastics. Buy some new ones if you dont like red. Or get a graphic kit for it. Thats cheaper than new plastics and it looks cool. and like what they said, 20inch rears, exhaust pipe, uni filter, rejet, and cdi might do something.