PDA

View Full Version : crf and trx diffrence

00.400ex#55
09-27-2007, 09:47 AM
how can i tell the diffrence between the two in aperance?? i building a hybrid and want to make sure i dont get srewed over and get sold a trx motor instead of a crf.

400exrider707
09-27-2007, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by 00.400ex#55
how can i tell the diffrence between the two in aperance?? i building a hybrid and want to make sure i dont get srewed over and get sold a trx motor instead of a crf.

How would that screw you over? I'd rather have the TRX motor as its adapted for four wheels.

I think the waterpump housings are shaped differently but not sure, it probably woldn't be too easy to tell the difference without having both of them side by side. Someone else might have something to point out.

ESrider
09-27-2007, 11:39 AM
The kickers go in different directions.

ryanowarrior
09-27-2007, 12:21 PM
400exrider was right too!! the water pump covers are different!!! the crfs are pointed straight up unlike the trx there pointed at like a 45 degree angle cause the radi it up and out in front of the water pump!! depends on year models too but the see through oil glass has always been in front of shifter too on the crfs!! i always thought the the crfs were narrower too but dunno for sure

00.400ex#55
09-27-2007, 01:44 PM
ok so when i get my motor and if it kicks back then ill be happy i guess. pops has a 450r and im not overly impressed with it, thats why i want a crf, even if it is i little more work to bolt it up. dont get me wrong it still kicks my ***, just not as fast as people make it seem.

hawk-trx
09-27-2007, 04:44 PM
the crf motor wont be all that strong in in a quad either. the motors put out very similar hp numbers (with a cam and exhaust on the trx) its just when they are dynoed the crf doesnt loose as much hp from the drivetrain. also the trannys are "suposed" to be beefed up in the trx, but i have never heard anyone say their crf hybird had issues. good luck with the build.

deepcj7
09-30-2007, 11:57 AM
even with the trx having a cam and exhaust there is a huge difference in performance of the motors.