PDA

View Full Version : Twin line brakes

Baxter
09-27-2007, 05:11 AM
Are twin line front brakes better than 3 line brakes?I know some had them on 250rs in motocross.

JOEX
09-27-2007, 07:12 PM
I don't think there's any performance difference but I prefer the single line with the splitter for two reasons...
1. They look cleaner on the handle bars.
2. I'm using a hydraulic banjo bolt switch for the brake light.

Aceman
09-27-2007, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
I don't think there's any performance difference but I prefer the single line with the splitter for two reasons...
1. They look cleaner on the handle bars.
2. I'm using a hydraulic banjo bolt switch for the brake light.

They make a dual line banjo brake light switch also. Unless you meant you bought the switch before the lines?

Dual line kits are usually pretty universal. They usually make them a little long so if you think you'll ever change to different length arms you shouldn't have to change lines. They could most likely even be used on different quads.

JOEX
09-27-2007, 07:35 PM
The reason I mentioned the banjo bolt switches was because the wires stick out the end.

With the single line and bolt switch the wires have to make a 90* turn right out of the switch to avoid the hand guards. If I had the dual lines the hand guards would have to be modified to fit. Not a big deal but i'd rather not do that.

The main reason is not having any more stuff on the bars as necessary.

I belive the cost of manufacturing aftermarket dual lines is cheaper than the 3 line setup and is probably more universal, I don't think that savings is passed onto the consumer though.