PDA

View Full Version : I want to start a hybrid looking for roller??

racinjason40
09-26-2007, 08:46 PM
Hi I am looking for a rolling chassis something with a blown up motor, something without a motor or something crashed. I want to try and start a hybrid. If you have something like this or know some one with something like this can you let me know. I live in gurnee, IL. Thanks

Desert650ex
09-28-2007, 04:31 PM
Hey, I have a complete 650ex hybrid i am selling ( 400ex frame, XR650r motor ). What kind of roller are you looking for? Are you looking for a stock roller? I can jerk the motor out of mine and sell it as a roller. It has all Roll long travel suspension, ect. ect. It is built for desert racing. Let me know what you are thinking.

racinjason40
09-28-2007, 06:36 PM
hey yeah im interested. were are you located at? what is the motor from/ what kind? and would you sell it as a whole thing? do you have pics? how much? but i am looking for just a roller like that. I know some people were i can get a motor for cheap. thanks

Keats
09-28-2007, 09:43 PM
I've got an 04 400ex that I can sell as a roller, you'd just have to let me know what you wanted. I need to get rid of It asap. I'm in WI.

Groves187
09-28-2007, 09:52 PM
Not trying to turn you away from building one cuz building your own is great! but i hope you have $$$$ and Fab skills. They are very exspensive to build and there is endles amounts of fabrication to do to it. I am building one up right now and I still have Quite a few things to get and am about 10k into it for parts. I would say find a nice clean built one for sale. You will save a lot of money this way.

Nick

racinjason40
09-28-2007, 10:13 PM
hey thanks for the advice. I have a ton of fab skills but no money so i relie on them. but i will consider that for sure. do you know anyone that as one for sale at all that you know is well built? thanks

Groves187
09-29-2007, 08:11 AM
I think there are a few on the Forum for sale now. I think one is a Houser YZ426 and the other is a CRF450. I think the guy wants 5k for the CFR but looks to be really nice. Do some searching on here and see what you can find. I am the only person in my area that i know of tha has a hybrid. So yeah.. If you offerd me the right price mine could be yours. HAH. PM me if interested.

Nick

Desert650ex
10-01-2007, 11:22 AM
I agree, it takes tons of money to build them. I have 2 of them at about 20 grand apiece. Yes i will sell them complete ready to race or play. They are 400ex frames with 2002 XR650R motors. Professionally built and awsome machines. Shoot me an e-mail at mmilne@firenet.org or call 505-947-4763. If you are still interested i would love to talk to about it. Thanks.

racinjason40
10-01-2007, 02:49 PM
hey guys i have decided to not build one right now so thanks for all the offers. I might see if my finacial statis is better in the late winter or early spring to look for some thing. Thanks for your interest and i will probaly put some thing up like this when i am able to start one. thanks