PDA

View Full Version : this 1 may have some of you doing back flips..i bored a fcr carb myself

buck naked-r
09-26-2007, 05:51 PM
just like it said.......its a yfz 39mm carb.....told the guy i'd buy him a new one if something went wrong or give him mine.......don't think he'll need it.........dyno will see this bike was making 48hp last time there...........one pic are of the tools i used............a strong will & mind to do things makes for a great creator in new things

LET THE BASHING BEING

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o101/buck450/2006_0117Image0005.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o101/buck450/2006_0117Image0002.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o101/buck450/2006_0117Image0007.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o101/buck450/2006_0117Image0008.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o101/buck450/2006_0117Image0009.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o101/buck450/2006_0117Image0011.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o101/buck450/2006_0117Image0012.jpg

IT took about 3-hours to do......and its tapered

chris46250r
09-26-2007, 07:51 PM
Show a picture with a straight through shot of it all together minus the slide. And some soft aluminum vice caps are worth thier weight in gold.

eganracing
09-27-2007, 05:01 PM
when are you going to dyno this?

XXXRACER165
09-27-2007, 05:19 PM
Yay! This is going to be good.

buck naked-r
09-27-2007, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by eganracing
when are you going to dyno this?

monday

hendershot106
09-28-2007, 07:33 AM
what about the air boots????/ are u gonna size them too????

buck naked-r
09-28-2007, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by hendershot106
already done

400exrider707
09-28-2007, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by hendershot106

What do you mean? Air boots? The ones that hold the carb to the airbox and motor? They wouldn't change.... Im not sure if this is what you're asking but I cant think of anything else..

How is this tapered? It looks straight through!? Probably just hard to see with the camera angles... I look forward to the dyno...

speedfreaksguy
09-28-2007, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
What do you mean? Air boots? The ones that hold the carb to the airbox and motor? They wouldn't change....

If the inside diameter of the carb is made larger, the boots can be "ported" to match the new larger opening.

hendershot106
09-28-2007, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by speedfreaksguy
If the inside diameter of the carb is made larger, the boots can be "ported" to match the new larger opening.

EXACTLY WHAT I MEANT--- THANK YOU SPEEDFREAKS!!!!!!!! its the same as sizing the intake boot on an 04 05 to match a ported head--- what is the point of one with out another???????

IMSROLL450R
09-28-2007, 09:20 AM
How did you get a uniform taper with a dremel tool? Were you able to hone it that way?

chris46250r
09-28-2007, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by IMSROLL450R
How did you get a uniform taper with a dremel tool? Were you able to hone it that way?

Dude, uniform, precise, consistant, exact... doesn't exist at Buck's Bar & Grill & Chop Shop.

400exrider707
09-28-2007, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by speedfreaksguy

OK yeah duh! hahah, thanks for the explanation. I was looking at it the wrong way.:p

400exrider707
09-28-2007, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by chris46250r
Dude, uniform, precise, consistant, exact... doesn't exist at Buck's Bar & Grill & Chop Shop.

I'm sorry but thats funny right there.

IMSROLL450R
09-28-2007, 12:19 PM

What I was saying is I can never do anything with my dremel without GOUGING somewhere and it seems he didnt do that, it looks relatively uniform. I didnt say it WAS uniform.

chris46250r
09-28-2007, 12:30 PM
What I was saying is I can never do anything with my dremel without GOUGING somewhere and it seems he didnt do that, it looks relatively uniform. I didnt say it WAS uniform.

Calm down. I was making a statement about buck, nothing towards you. The statement I made could have been said even without replying to what you said.

IMSROLL450R
09-28-2007, 12:41 PM
I was just saying why I asked the question I wasnt mad at all.

xcracer416
09-28-2007, 01:45 PM
so is your head ported on this machine? im guessing it is since youve dynoed it already. are you not going to polish it up on the inside also? think it would need to be pretty smoth to me for better flow.

chad502ex
09-28-2007, 01:57 PM
I think the chop shop dremel comment previously made sums this up... who cares what the gains are after seeing this :eek2:

potato chip thick flanges and paper thin center ring with no offset boring evident in one of the photos where the venturi ring is visible behind the slide.. This wont last a moto if the flanges are not thick enough in the proper area to support the weight of the carb on landing... OK for drag strip racing...

taper boring a carb produces an image orfice similiar to the venturi cross sectional area but further toward the head and smaller than the carbs cross-sectional... the taper angle determines the image orfice cross sectional and location.... the angle is critical at maximizing gains.... its easy to open the throttle body of the carb, but harder to determine critical taper angle for maximizing gains...

I was the first to dermine critical angle for taper bore carbs.

I beleive DASA prefers to do straight bored carbs..

Now, more and more ppl are trying "taper".

This should do ok, but nothing to the cfm gains obtained from a machinist using critical angles already flowbench tested...

.... for the ones wanting proof...., already done that with flowbenching and independent results from Pro Racer Daryl Raths dynoing over 3hp of gain throught the power curve on his Pro 450R..

what buck did here should provide gains, maybe not throughout the entire power curve, but anytime you change the cross-sectional area you will affect the power curve... maybe the dremel is key!

bloodmoney23
09-28-2007, 03:41 PM
Nice job, way to save money and hope it all works out for ya.

honda4life72
09-28-2007, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by bloodmoney23
Nice job, way to save money and hope it all works out for ya. agree , everyone bashes him for doin his owh mods , and saving money , if he wants to do it , let him

xcracer416
10-01-2007, 09:58 PM
dyno that puppy yet? just curious

hawk-trx
10-02-2007, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by honda4life72
agree , everyone bashes him for doin his owh mods , and saving money , if he wants to do it , let him that would be true if this was his carb for his quad but its not. he charged someone to do this to their carb.

im all for saving money but sometime if the jog cant be done right then it should be left to someone who has the right tools.

honda4life72
10-02-2007, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by hawk-trx
that would be true if this was his carb for his quad but its not. he charged someone to do this to their carb.

im all for saving money but sometime if the jog cant be done right then it should be left to someone who has the right tools. true , but if the costumer new thats how he was gunna do it then hes the idiot

IMSROLL450R
10-03-2007, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by honda4life72
true , but if the costumer new thats how he was gunna do it then hes the idiot

I doubt either of them are idiots, I'd say they just both wanted to try it and see what kind of gains he can get. Who knows its not really your place to call anyone an idiot when you dont know what their doing.

buck naked-r
10-03-2007, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by chad502ex
... who cares what the gains are after seeing this :eek2:

.... for the ones wanting proof...., already done that with flowbenching and independent results from Pro Racer Daryl Raths dynoing over 3hp of gain throught the power curve on his Pro 450R..

what buck did here should provide gains, maybe not throughout the entire power curve, but anytime you change the cross-sectional area you will affect the power curve... maybe the dremel is key!

:ermm:

buck naked-r
10-03-2007, 08:45 AM
I doubt either of them are idiots, I'd say they just both wanted to try it and see what kind of gains he can get. Who knows its not really your place to call anyone an idiot when you dont know what their doing.

you seems to be the only one with understanding in this thread

how do some of you think others got started

they bash me when i started porting heads to but we all know that my port work makes power......and is not your fluff and buff to oouu and huuuu over then put it on the dyno and see all you got was a pretty head

if i had not show how this carb was done and had said it was sent off to be done none of you would have been able to tell the difference
the customer is happy and i already have two more carbs to do
....but keep bashing all you want its not going to stop my business ................STOP HATING its making you look stupid

chad502ex
10-03-2007, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by buck naked-r

the customer is happy and i already have two more carbs to do
....but keep bashing all you want its not going to stop my business

Oh, you have a legitimate LEGAL business?

what is your LEGAL BUSINESS NAME?

YOU WANT TO SEE MY "PRO" POWER STOCK BORE DYNO RESULTS? come to Maryland and I'll show you face-to-face.... Like I said,... your out of the loop James,... I won't post any info for your benefit anymore

get a grip and get past your side-show-bob ego,,,....

your efforts are not my competition...

buck naked-r
10-03-2007, 10:32 AM
Oh, you have a legitimate LEGAL business?

what is your LEGAL BUSINESS NAME?

YOU WANT TO SEE MY "PRO" POWER STOCK BORE DYNO RESULTS? come to Maryland and I'll show you face-to-face.... Like I said,... your out of the loop James,... I won't post any info for your benefit anymore

get a grip and get past your side-show-bob ego,,,....

your efforts are not my competition...

ok....:rolleyes:

IMSROLL450R
10-03-2007, 10:40 AM
Hey buck naked if you arent his competition then why is he even posting? Why do people just want to start arguements. And good answer. NOONE can argue with OK.:)

400exrider707
10-03-2007, 10:52 AM

if i had not show how this carb was done and had said it was sent off to be done none of you would have been able to tell the difference

I would, there is no adapter attached... thus the super thin flanges. Not hatin at all, just saying that someone who is familiar with how the carb should be done, or at least the process for boring it would know. So did you dyno it yet? If it works for you and your customer than thats all that really matters I suppose. If it breaks from being so thin would you be willing to post that info with some pics too? Not saying it will, but if it does, I think you should. Still interested in seeing the dyno, regardless of what other people may say about it.

chad502ex
10-03-2007, 11:29 AM
Hey buck naked if you arent his competition then why is he even posting? Why do people just want to start arguements. And good answer. NOONE can argue with OK.:)

it's no one, not NOONE... :rolleyes

i'm posting because his used junkyard hack chop shop dremel efforts are half-arse.... plain and simple....

IMSROLL450R
10-03-2007, 11:40 AM
it's no one, not NOONE... :rolleyes

i'm posting because his used junkyard hack chop shop dremel efforts are half-arse.... plain and simple....

Now your posting grammar advice. Maybe thats all the more time and MONEY he wanted to put into it. Who are you to bash. Grow up dude. Ive always contemplated sending stuff to you for work but all you do is ***** at other people for their efforts. I will definitely from now on disregard any post you make as childish and immature. You and Sandman are just alike.

chad502ex
10-03-2007, 12:19 PM
Now your posting grammar advice. Maybe thats all the more time and MONEY he wanted to put into it. Who are you to bash. Grow up dude. Ive always contemplated sending stuff to you for work but all you do is ***** at other people for their efforts. I will definitely from now on disregard any post you make as childish and immature. You and Sandman are just alike.

who am I to bash? who are you to defend buck? Are you really that blind?

there are only three ppl i bash for their efforts..... buck, mixxer, and sandman... PERIOD! no other gets negative responses from me, even the youngster wanting to know how to change the air in his tires....

:rolleyes:

IMSROLL450R
10-03-2007, 12:26 PM
Did he hurt you or your business by doing this????????? You hurt your own business

chris46250r
10-03-2007, 12:29 PM

If you did send Chad something you would get on here and go behind his back and ask everyone else how to do it like you did CHINO.

chad502ex
10-03-2007, 12:32 PM
Did he hurt you or your business by doing this????????? You hurt your own business

not hurting my business at all,

i just think he's an idiot..

his dremel efforts is not what he should be influencing to youngsters that catch an impression that this is done correct- regardless of the gains.. do it right or not at all...

chad502ex
10-03-2007, 12:36 PM
If you did send Chad something you would get on here and go behind his back and ask everyone else how to do it like you did CHINO.

thats mess'd up... I like Chino.

I choose my customers real carefully... I don't use my customers for a living so I don't need to bottom feed off customers that i can't trust and have an extended business relationship with.. I see you have given me a clue about imsroll.. thx.

chris46250r
10-03-2007, 12:38 PM
Tell me about it. The last thing I want to do is piss the guy off with my engine while he has it apart.

400exrider707
10-03-2007, 12:41 PM

:confused: Whats going on here? I smell drama in the air! I have always gotten along with Dave pretty well and he is a pretty cool guy....

chris46250r
10-03-2007, 12:43 PM
:confused: Whats going on here? I smell drama in the air! I have always gotten along with Dave pretty well and he is a pretty cool guy....

That stuff got deleted real quick. Guess you had to be there so to speak.:D

bloodmoney23
10-03-2007, 12:46 PM
OK, 1. Everyone stop arguing after reading all this its getting pathetic. 2. Buck did something most people wouldnt even think about attempting in there house. Most normal people would commend this and i guess im normal cause i commend this. **** if it didnt work then oh well he tried but it did work so quit bashing him. 3. Chad, dude, if you think that he was stupid and you want to bash on his attempts (which worked) then do it. Eventually, nobody will listen to you because you are turning into that annoying guy that says everyone elses stuff is jacked up and yours is the perfect example of perfection.

Now i dont know any of you because im new to these forums, and my bike aint nothing special or pretty to look at yet. We all ride pretty much the same bikes and I aint in no competition on who has the best. Just here to bull**** and talk about bikes and ask for help with something if i dont know it. This aint about bashing people. If you want to bash, meet up.....race....and the winner gets to bash the other in a good sportsmanship way. And if you got something bad to say about someone, go talk about him in your garage to your buddy....dont post it on here so everyone thinks your a dick.....And you def put that impression into my head chad. But back to the post. Good job Buck, hope it all goes well and let me know how long it holds up, I might be interested untill I can afford my aftermarket carb.

chris46250r
10-03-2007, 01:27 PM
OK, 1. Everyone stop arguing after reading all this its getting pathetic. 2. Buck did something most people wouldnt even think about attempting in there house. Most normal people would commend this and i guess im normal cause i commend this. **** if it didnt work then oh well he tried but it did work so quit bashing him. 3. Chad, dude, if you think that he was stupid and you want to bash on his attempts (which worked) then do it. Eventually, nobody will listen to you because you are turning into that annoying guy that says everyone elses stuff is jacked up and yours is the perfect example of perfection.

Now i dont know any of you because im new to these forums, and my bike aint nothing special or pretty to look at yet. We all ride pretty much the same bikes and I aint in no competition on who has the best. Just here to bull**** and talk about bikes and ask for help with something if i dont know it. This aint about bashing people. If you want to bash, meet up.....race....and the winner gets to bash the other in a good sportsmanship way. And if you got something bad to say about someone, go talk about him in your garage to your buddy....dont post it on here so everyone thinks your a dick.....And you def put that impression into my head chad. But back to the post. Good job Buck, hope it all goes well and let me know how long it holds up, I might be interested untill I can afford my aftermarket carb.

Dude your sig just discredited everything you said.:confused:

IMSROLL450R
10-03-2007, 01:48 PM

Exactly what I have always thought!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I never once said anything bad about his work or ever went behind his back to try to figure it out I posted in his plain site because I never thought it mattered that I was ALSO TRYING TO LEARN about my bike!!!!!!!!!!! Chris you have no idea what you are talking about I never once said a bad word about Dave and still have nothing but respect for him. I dont care who is working on my bike I can still try to learn about it!!!!!!!!!!! Why does everyone always want to argue especially about something they have no clue about...........?

IMSROLL450R
10-03-2007, 02:04 PM
That stuff got deleted real quick. Guess you had to be there so to speak.:D

Yes I did delete it because I didnt realize it would make Dave mad. I never tried to make him mad at all and when it did I got rid of it immediately and apparently I'm wrong for that too. You should really stop running your mouth about things are you NOT involved in. Dave is still finishing my bike in his spare time which is minimal because hes a busy guy and I dont feel any bridges have been burned. I have full confidence hes going to finish it when he says he will.

bloodmoney23
10-03-2007, 02:05 PM
The sig is an inside joke....so take it for what its worth man.

Flyin-Low
10-03-2007, 05:42 PM
I think these people should stop bickering back and forth like whiny little school girls..

I think it's awesome that Buck did what he did.. How did you get started Chad? Did you bore your first couple carbs with every possible tool you needed and a flowbench ect. ect.??

And as Buck said.. if anything went wrong with his carb then he would replace it with his own or a brand new one, and even if those "potato chip" thick flanges do snap then guess what? He's learned from it.

Just my honest .02.. Give it a rest guys.

-Martin

bloodmoney23
10-03-2007, 07:13 PM
good call flyin-low.

chris46250r
10-03-2007, 07:46 PM
Exactly what I have always thought!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I never once said anything bad about his work or ever went behind his back to try to figure it out I posted in his plain site because I never thought it mattered that I was ALSO TRYING TO LEARN about my bike!!!!!!!!!!! Chris you have no idea what you are talking about I never once said a bad word about Dave and still have nothing but respect for him. I dont care who is working on my bike I can still try to learn about it!!!!!!!!!!! Why does everyone always want to argue especially about something they have no clue about...........?

PLEASE show me where I said that you ever said anything bad about Chino. Why not just ask him what you want to know? I'm pretty sure that he would tell you and its obvious that you trust him, you have him working on your bike.

buck naked-r
10-03-2007, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Flyin-Low
[B
even if those "potato chip" thick flanges do snap then guess what?

Just my honest .02.. Give it a rest guys.

-Martin [/B]
its not that thin.....i tapered it to a thin edge....but that flange is good to go

i already have two more carbs to do

and the more i do the better it will get

buck naked-r
10-03-2007, 10:43 PM
oh and here's some of the drimel tool power..........long and strong

buck naked-r
10-03-2007, 10:47 PM
more drimel power

chad502ex
10-04-2007, 07:06 AM
how about you post a dyno dated within the last week or so for the gains of this carb? isn't that what this thread is about? isn't this thread about your carb dremel work?

...who cares about the gains of a 700cc raptor with the dremel cut off valve guide bosses, or the gains of a big bore 480cc that you've labeled as your '450r'.... those are irrelevant to this topic..

If you feel so confident in your dremel skills, how about you dremel up an 05 450r FCR carb and I'll offer my MACHINED carb so we can INDEPENDENTLY dyno compare them on the same quad? up for the challenge? hmmm how can we make this a fair tests..... input?

400exrider707
10-04-2007, 07:53 AM
Regarding Chino and IMSROLL, I think both are stand up guys and both are very useful to this site, I dont have a problem with either one of them, and I think both are very easy to get along with. I have spoken with Dave (chino) on the phone before a few times too, he's a good guy.

ANYWAYS....

I agree, the bickering doesn't really get anyone anywhere. We could do an independent dyno run of the two carbs, but I dont think that will really prove anything. I dont think Buck went out and did this to the carb to try and out-perform Chad, I think it was more of a matter of trying to gain some power using a less expensive method, knowing full well that it may not make more power.

Either way a dyno run of the two should be done I think, not for bragging rights, but perhaps for knowledge sake for the members here, no pride involved, just facts of what may or may not work and what works better. I think this would truly be useful, however I dont think it could ever be done without the bickering and pride battle.

If the two of you could swallow your pride and do this test strictly for educational purposes that would be awesome....

I wont hold my breath though...:ermm:

chad502ex
10-04-2007, 08:58 AM
I think this would truly be useful, however I dont think it could ever be done without the bickering and pride battle.

If the two of you could swallow your pride and do this test strictly for educational purposes that would be awesome....

I wont hold my breath though...:ermm:

i tell ya what,... from now on since it seems to me that a few of the members here prefer to learn about dremel skills, I'll step back from bucks postings from now on and let the little rascal illustrate his low budget Neandertal methods,... maybe the interest in pre-historic methods is purely for entertainment purposes- idk,.... surely, it shouldn't be for educational purpose to do something this half-arsed,...

...regardless, I have no problem 'educating' the peeps on the gain comparison between the two methods on the dyno and/or flowbench... straight up comparison for the peeps.. anytime...

until the gauntlet is picked up, i'm out!

bloodmoney23
10-04-2007, 09:20 AM
did u read anythign of what anyone wrote chad......SHUT UP and leave the guy alone. Nobody gives a damn about your work or his work....he did something nobody else would do and it worked. However old you are, you sound like a 5 years old to me. Take everyones advice, swallow your prides and leave each other alone.

400exrider707
10-04-2007, 09:24 AM
did u read anythign of what anyone wrote chad......SHUT UP and leave the guy alone. Nobody gives a damn about your work or his work....he did something nobody else would do and it worked. However old you are, you sound like a 5 years old to me. Take everyones advice, swallow your prides and leave each other alone.

Not picking sides, but where did you see that bucks carb worked? I am still waiting to see a dyno run on it... Even after the dyno comes back I doubt anyone of us will ever find out if the carb breaks in half while being run on the quad...

To say no one gives a damn about either of the work is a bold statement.

I do agree, both should swallow some pride and move on...

chris46250r
10-04-2007, 09:27 AM

He said he was stepping back. Did you read anything that he wrote? And like already said, Buck says it works, we dont know and never will.

buck naked-r
10-04-2007, 10:37 AM
Not picking sides, but where did you see that bucks carb worked?

that bike is RUNNING STRONG...we have not dyno'ed it yet...BUT believe me you guy will be the FIRST TO SEE THE RESULTS

i can tell from the butt dyno its faster

buck naked-r
10-04-2007, 10:42 AM
maybe CHAD should post up some dyno's of those BADAZZ builds of his........all i see is a turbo bike

and computer images of what [should] happen if this or that is done

i could post up dyno sheet all day long of bikes i've built or things i've tested...........

for someone thats always jumping in thread like he's KING KNOWIT ALL and MIGHTY ENGINE BUILDER where's the proof

if i built a 550 motor its would surely hav more than 57hp...hell my stock bore makes that

400exrider707
10-04-2007, 11:16 AM
that bike is RUNNING STRONG...we have not dyno'ed it yet...BUT believe me you guy will be the FIRST TO SEE THE RESULTS

i can tell from the butt dyno its faster

Glad to hear it, cant wait to see the results.

Will you dyno it with a regular FCR first then immediately switch to yours? Or are you comparing it to a different day run with the original unbored FCR?

Thanks.

hawk-trx
10-04-2007, 11:27 AM
im going to defend chad a little, im sure chad is just so full of the stupid claims that buck has made in the past that he cant let anything go at this point. not that its right to keep harping on buck but i understand cause i feel the same way.

sense i used the word stupid im sure im going to get bashed so let me explain. here are some of the things buck has said and things that bother me.

buck claimed a 5hp gain from hacking off the tip on his rossier exhaust. he also said joe rossier knows this to be true but wants a different look for his exhaust.

he then said it was so much faster that everytime he hit the throttle his pants would fall off.

another thing that really bugs me is the conditions he builds motors in. buck has posted many pictures of quads outside in what looks like junkyard conditions with motors completely torn down. motor building should be clean.

chad your right about why people (at least me) look at bucks posts, for entertainment purpose only.
i dont know why but everytime i read one of his post i hear banjos and see cubd gooding jr. from the movie radio.

chad502ex
10-04-2007, 11:45 AM
maybe CHAD should post up some dyno's of those BADAZZ builds of his........all i see is a turbo bike

and computer images of what [should] happen if this or that is done

i could post up dyno sheet all day long of bikes i've built or things i've tested...........

for someone thats always jumping in thread like he's KING KNOWIT ALL and MIGHTY ENGINE BUILDER where's the proof

if i built a 550 motor its would surely hav more than 57hp...hell my stock bore makes that

little rascal, you are pathetic... ......you cant build anything over what you assemble.... You've never designed a stroker, dont know how to calculate compression ratio as evident with your begging on the other learning channel forum you participate, you have no idea how to cam timing or how to degree, you dont know how to design a piston, you dont know how to port or where to port to tune power with front to back flow ratio,.... I could go on and on,..... but go ahead teach us some of your engine building knowledge... share with us your knowledge beyond assembling used parts together...... we've never seen that yet have we?

my 550 made 58.5/43 and had valve float on used springs on the dyno... I posted the results anyway for ppl to see even before i got to tune it in....

my 530r's make over 64/41

my 530r turbos make over 120hp

my stock bore easily crushes your 56hp stock bore

i've been posting dynos when you you were in diapers

if you want proof of my sucess you will have to pay and swipe like your doing after looking at your 'swiped' mixxer port method

if you feel like you have something, bring it on...... get a Pro(s) racer like I have line them up and see what you can bring to the table..... if you need my power proof why dont you find a Pro racer willing to run your work then line them up against my Pro racers...! Get a life

bloodmoney23
10-04-2007, 06:06 PM
ALL IM SAYING IS JUST DROP IT!!!!!!!!!!! Damn, im back in high school I guess. Anyway, im putting the HRC kit on my bike, a uni air filter kit w/ the pro design flange and the FatBoy 4 exhaust. My first mods other than my renthal bars....lol. Can't wait till winter to tear the bike down and get my frame powder coated cause it looks like hell. And im ordering all my Lonestar stuff i.e swingarm, a-arms, axle, hubs, elka shocks and everything else around the 15th. So I should have a brand new bike pretty much come next season. Havent raced since I was a frosh in high school and that was over 10 years ago and on a purple 95 Blaster so hope I still got a lil bit in me after the army kicked my ***. Not sure if I want to do any serious engine mods yet till I know i'm still decent at the race scene. But if I do im looking at the 515cc Duncan Racing setup, anyone seen or know anybody with this kit yet and how everything holds up or should I just do the 480 or 505? Or should I just stay stock and do normal bolt on mods and aftermarket pistons? By the way, im done with this whole argument. I dont really care whos work is better or cleaner. Im sure yall both enjoy what you do so just to both of you..... keep doing what you do as long as you enjoy it. Personally, id have it done in an actual machine shop but you still get props. Like i said im just here to bull**** and learn what I don't know. Yall all have a good day.

buck naked-r
10-04-2007, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by hawk-trx
im going to defend chad a little, im sure chad is just so full of BS BS BS AND MORE BS.

who is this KID

ASK YOUR THIS.....DOES WHAT I DO MAKE MORE POWER

HAWK YOUR A ORG ***.............

SHUT YOUR MOUTH LITTLE BOY......AND GO STAND IN THE CORNER:huh :huh

bloodmoney23
10-05-2007, 12:01 AM
wow, i just defended your lil immature country *** for you to be a prick. dude, im just trying to change subject cause the bickering is getting neither of you nowhere and simply quite annoying. And to call me a lil kid. Dude.....while you were sitting in your backwoods junkyard *** house riding your dremel machined piece of ****s I was in Iraq defending your freedom you ungrateful worthless ****. good for you....a country boy knows how to use a dremel....you get taught that in highschool or something. There are machines made for what you did because regardless of your power gains, the precision of the bore is off which is completely changing the physics of the engine. If the rest of the bike is not machined to the specs of your unbalanced carb the life of the bike will decrease approx. 60%. Did i give you props.....yep i did. Now im giving you realistic specs of the 2000's. Why dont you join us? Now i understand why you have fun messing with this guy chad. I just know ill laugh when the piston detonates.

hawk-trx
10-05-2007, 12:52 AM
blood
he wasnt calling you a kid he was refering to me. i dont take any offence to it cause its better then being called an old fart like the guys at the track call me.

ok buck im going to "ask your this" as you worded it. do you make more power? well first i would have to ask, more power the who or what? then stock? YES. then i ever dreamed you could? YES, more then a profesional with the right tools and know how NO NO NO!!!

back to the power that you do make. at what cost do you make this power? i would bet you have torn down your motor at least 15 times, weather thats the top end or spliting the cases. i dont want your kind of power if its only good for 15 minutes.

some that defended buck in this thread did so because they feel he is trying to do things cheep. i think he does things the way he does just to get it back togeather.

reusing haed gaskets cause you dont have a new one

sanding the small end of the rod cause it had wear marks (by the way they get wear from lack of oil or loose tolerences so sanding it only makes it worse, but i know shinny must be good)

sanding a damaged cylinder then when it failed going around saying nikasil (sp) is no good.

BUCK dont quote me then put in what ever you want. if you are going to quote me, then quote me.

sorry bloodmoney23. i did like your last post the best though. it nailed it.

buck naked-r
10-05-2007, 09:10 AM
the stupid thing about you HAWK is what i do WORKS and your to dumb to understand that

stay out of my thread.....this is your only warning

YOU AND CHAD

buck naked-r
10-05-2007, 09:12 AM
wow, i just defended your lil immature country *** for you to be a prick. dude, im just trying to change subject cause the

wasn't talking about you

its this dick [hawking] guy that i was talkng about

IT seems we got another COOLGUY on this site to

chad is the mirror image of someone he claims to hate::rolleyes: :o

hawk-trx
10-05-2007, 09:53 AM
the stupid thing about you HAWK is what i do WORKS and your to dumb to understand that

stay out of my thread.....this is your only warning

YOU AND CHAD oh no ive been warned im shaking.

i agree with you that what you do does work, but for a very very short time.
looking at your 480 cylinder i wouldnt say "your repair" worked. dude sand paper is not ment for nikasil cylinder repair or connecting rod repairs. just like your hone wasen ment for carb boreing.
how many head gaskets have you blown? you kept telling people honda doesnt know what they are doing when they set torque specs. do you really think you know better?

i couldnt care less what you do to your quad we all know it will be backazsward but hey its yours. what sucks is when you keep using the word "customer" that means your charging people for your hack jobs and thats not right

pro-rider46
10-05-2007, 10:24 AM
and im curious what are you going to do if hawk and chad dont obey your warning, are you going to put a evil spell on them...

i think you should invest some money into professional equipment. i understand you know that it might not work and you where willing to replace the carb if it all went bad, but if you get the stuff for the right job, you know its done right, it will work, and you will have a better name, buisness, and work. until you get a handful of professional equipment you should not be touching anything like this, save up for it, and it will do you good.

wolfpack13
10-05-2007, 11:14 AM
Wow. I'm pretty speechless about how Chad is an arrogant, self promoting, mines better and yours suck, I know more than you do, I don't have to post "real tech" info if I can just find what someone else has done wrong and exploit it, No proof of accomplishment, know everything because I read about it Bull$hit. Every time I see you post that is what you are doing. If I had any authority on the forum you my friend would be gone for causing this sort of soap opera crap. It really doesn't matter if you are the worlds best engine builder at this point, because your attitude shows how shallow you are. You may have a big brain on mechanical things but the part that allows you to participate in society is broken. You like to flaunt that you're an engineer, big deal. They are all over the place- doesn't make you right just means that you know how to speak about technical things that are over most peoples heads because you went to school for four or more years. I don't understand why anyone would tolerate this crap on this forum. For every OLD LADY bickering thread it erases 50 good tech threads. With you here ATVriders is in the hole.

Buck- while I wouldn't personally send you anything to work on I congratulate you on what your doing. Might not be precise as some would want, seems to work for you.

Yes I'm an ORG *** mostly because guys like you aren't.

pro-rider46
10-05-2007, 11:34 AM
well chad has been more than nice, and helpful to me, and other members. he only bashes 3 people, sandmanblue,mixxer,and buck, he stated why previously, he has the tools and software to understand how to make safe reliable horsepower, i have seen his builds, heard about his builds, and understand what he does in his builds. he is top notch and does not need to prove anything to these so called builders. look at the stickys at the top of the page, read them, lots of info in there, check out his HONEST dynos, he post them whether or not the make extreme amounts of power (which normally they do), check out his customers, and there ride reports, they dont say it sucks, they cant be happier. so read what chad has posted and dont say he doesnt have proof of acomplishment.

wolfpack13
10-05-2007, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by pro-rider46
so read what chad has posted and dont say he doesnt have proof of acomplishment.

OK so maybe since I'm new here I missed the threads where he has shown some proof of accomplishment... my bad. Since I've been reading here I haven't seen any recent post that reflect that. The rest of my rant fits like a glove.

400exrider707
10-05-2007, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by wolfpack13
OK so maybe since I'm new here I missed the threads where he has shown some proof of accomplishment... my bad. Since I've been reading here I haven't seen any recent post that reflect that. The rest of my rant fits like a glove.

Chad posts most of the technical information in the 450R thread. Try some of the stickys at the top of the page. Search for some of his buildups that he fully documented and posted here for all to see along with full dynos of each. I've learned a LOT from chad's posts here, since you are a relatively new member I can understand why you are saying what you are, but research it a little bit and dont judge the book by the cover in this case. To some extent I think we (atvriders.com members) have a right to know the correct way to do something. If chad didn't reply in this topic, perhaps it would have went un-noticed, but perhaps some young'n who didn't know any better thought this was normal? Just an observation.

bloodmoney23
10-05-2007, 12:58 PM
I do not disagree with 400ex or pro rider. I've read the threads and see that Chad has done some damn good work. He just really needs to work on his professionalism and just state the facts instead of bashing. I.E. Instead of calling him a stupidass that cant do anything right. Just say, well I see you did that and it is highly possible that it could seriously damage your engine. You know, just use a lil more tact instead of the know-it-all attitude that wolfpack stated. Other than that I hope you all have a good day and I will come back later to see the further bashing and simple disrespects because its starting to become quite a laugh for me...I will again later try to tell everyone to stop bickering but it will still continue. But my hopes for this to end is high but yet I somewhere in my head just want to see it go on just to give me something to do. By the way, I just bought a Curtis Sparks exhaust instead of the Fatboy4 previously stated. $200.00 cheaper and almost the same power curves on both factory dyno sheets. Id rather lose 1 hp and save 200 than to lose 200 for 1hp. Later

400exrider707
10-05-2007, 01:15 PM
By the way, I just bought a Curtis Sparks exhaust instead of the Fatboy4 previously stated. $200.00 cheaper and almost the same power curves on both factory dyno sheets. Id rather lose 1 hp and save 200 than to lose 200 for 1hp. Later

I know guys that would spend $500 more to get that 1 extra hp.

I think what a lot of people forget is that these guys as well as others (mixxer, sandman) all have had a lot of negative history together, so when you think they're quick to bash each others, most of it goes back to long before most of us were even members of this site or the ORG, and 90% of those people saying "stop bashing" dont even know the history...

wolfpack13
10-05-2007, 01:40 PM
At what cost do you get this technical info?

It all goes back to the shallow attitude comment I made. I have searched and Chad does give tech info, but you have to wade through the BS to get it. Like I said before...For every OLD LADY bickering thread it erases 50 good tech threads. I don't care about how mixxer, sandman, and others got their panties in a wad years ago. I just want a place to come and get information and POSITIVE CRITICISM if needed. If it is not positive or backed by technical data it's just $hit Talking. I don't care for any of the Macho I'm better than you soap opera $hit that is provided at an additional cost (of your honor). I'm just bringing this up because it will cause more young riders (who are trying to learn) to be quiet instead of asking or making statements, or worse yet, leave. Even if they're wrong (such as in Buck's case) it should be handled different IMO.

fandl450r
10-05-2007, 02:01 PM
Who cares? Stop your whining and complaining. FFS Act like civil mature individuals, not like you just got off the teet.

While I personally wouldn't buck ever touching my motor, you have to start somewhere.

/end thread grow up.

Pappy
10-05-2007, 02:11 PM
4 pages of this crap:eek2:

Build it, Race it, Win with it, Sell it....everything else needs a muffler:chinese: