PDA

View Full Version : Dyno for HMF for the 400

rigger
09-26-2007, 05:20 PM
Anyone seen a Dyno chart for a 400EX with a HMF sport slip on anywhere?

I am wanting to get an HMF sport slip on with a quiet core insert for my 04 400ex. I thought I have seen one somewhere and it showed about a 4hp gain and about the same in torque specs.

I just can't find it anywhere now to confirm what I think I remeber seeing.

Thanks guys.

09-26-2007, 05:54 PM
yeah 8ft lbs of torque it adds

09-26-2007, 05:57 PM
here is 1 of them

rigger
09-26-2007, 06:10 PM
That is the chart I was looking for. For some reason I had not been able to find it again.

Thanks.

I assume those numbers are with an open airbox, no lid.
I will probably open mine up some and let it breath but I don't think I will comepletly remove it becasue of some of the wet conditions that I get into some times.

Thinking of putting holes down the right side and back of the lid. Leave the drain tube off so that what water does get it, runs down the sides and right out of the drain. Instead of dropping right on top of the filter.

Any thoughts on lid mods?

One last thing, should I get a whole jet kit so I have everything I might need or should I just save a few bucks and use the supplied jets?

09-26-2007, 07:03 PM
not sure on that 1. for the airbox lid its great to use a k&N outerwears airbox cover if you have any hole or you simple take it off. It repels dirt and sand and some water. as for jets if the exhaust comes with it you should be good with those.

GPracer2500
09-26-2007, 08:32 PM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=246519