PDA

View Full Version : Advancing timing ques w/pic

speedfreek
09-26-2007, 02:27 PM
I just installed the CR ignition. There was no way to advance the timing so I slotted the bottom hole on this plate so I could adjust it. Should I advance it or leave it alone? http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k264/pnewell44/000_1384.jpg

wilkin250r
09-26-2007, 11:59 PM
I would leave it alone.

I have never analyzed the CR ignition curve, but I believe it's fairly aggressive. As such, I wouldn't advance it any more. You take it too far, and you've got detonation.

speedfreek
09-27-2007, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
I would leave it alone.

I have never analyzed the CR ignition curve, but I believe it's fairly aggressive. As such, I wouldn't advance it any more. You take it too far, and you've got detonation.
Yep, from what I've been reading, it's fixed right where it's supposed to be so I won't mess with it.

deathman53
09-27-2007, 06:09 PM
you can adjust it bu moving the stator forward/back in the slot. Moving it forward will advance the timing and back will retard it. You want to put it in the center of the top slot, thats alittle advanced of a stock ignition.

GOTFEAR
09-27-2007, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by deathman53
you can adjust it bu moving the stator forward/back in the slot. Moving it forward will advance the timing and back will retard it. You want to put it in the center of the top slot, thats alittle advanced of a stock ignition. no you have it backwards move it back toward the rear is advancing your timing just remember the crank is moving counter clockwise so wen you move the stater back your advancing your timing