PDA

View Full Version : air filter

jherbie28
09-26-2007, 01:52 PM
has anyone tried to use a pro flow kit off of a z on a ltr? wondering if it will work. billet adapter and filter

thanks, josh

ida400ex
10-07-2007, 07:42 PM
i have one that was made for the 450 and i works well. i have to say it is a pain to install and took about 1 1/2 hours to put on. i didnt feel a big power gain. the whole reason i bought one was becouse the first time i cleaned the air filter it tore.becides it was a piece of crap anyway. hope this helps

jherbie28
10-09-2007, 04:49 PM
yeah thanks, im not looking for the power gain i want to prevent any possible dirt to get into the motor after what just happen to me(what dealer said) blown motor the k&n clamps on but the foam just sit up against the box. thanks again

05Z400rdr
10-10-2007, 04:29 AM
Hey man, howsit goin? Do you want me to measure my diameter the next time I have it apart? I have the modquad proflow kit, though, so I'm not sure if it would be the same size or not. Like measurements do you want to know....filter diameter and depth, diameter of opening on billet adapter, etc. Let me know, we still gotta ride soon, hopefully before I start to tear mine down.

Landon

jherbie28
10-11-2007, 04:42 PM
im just going to bite the bullet and buy it, thanks though landon. when are you going to breezewood again, we have barrys thing next weekend then were open for awhile let me know

05Z400rdr
10-11-2007, 05:04 PM
hey Josh, I'm not sure when I'm going up again. I deffinately won't be going this weekend cuz I have homecoming n stuff....but i'm hoping within a few weeks because i'd like to start my teardown/rebuild mid-november/december or somethin depending on when my front end and all my other things come in. I wanna ride tho sooo bad, haha

jherbie28
10-11-2007, 05:08 PM
yeah tell me about it, going to hit a 1st annual local race this weekend at seaford delaware. hope to see you soon man, did you get anything yet?

05Z400rdr
10-11-2007, 06:32 PM
Yeah, that's awesome! I really can't wait till I can race; I'm sooo excited! And the only things that I have ordered so far were those AC MX Pro series Pro Pegs or w/e they're called, lol, the new style, and i ordered them over 10 weeks ago :ermm: and the only other thing i ordered was my flexx bars since they are sponsoring me this season. other than that, i am waiting until our whole team thing is a go to get the rest of my parts, but i am on the list for a new front end :D How about you.....did you get anything yet?

jherbie28
10-12-2007, 03:05 PM
nothin yet

AL Elks
10-16-2007, 05:19 PM
Unless you totally eliminate the air box you will gain nothing. You'll gain 1hp if you eliminate the airbox with the ProFlow. If you go with a FUELATV airbox eliminator kit you'll gain a total of 3hp.

AL

jherbie28
10-17-2007, 03:37 PM
i saw those, they are pretty expensive, they look like they will take water or mud pretty easy being that exposed. anybody have em

AL Elks
10-19-2007, 07:13 PM
Not really!

I have that setup as well as an ESR intake on my LTZ and I ride in some VERY muddy and wet conditions with no problem at all.

Your quad can be covered in mud and there's barely any mud spots on the outerwear. It's tucked up really well plus there is the splash shield over the exhaust that helps keep the mud out.