PDA

View Full Version : LTR engine builder...

browng31
09-26-2007, 08:31 AM
Ok, getting an LTR built for racing ATVA's next year, my guy's gonna be running production B most likely, he got some quotes for engine builders. Basically the one he decided to go with said they'd get him mid-50s hp. Pipe, port, cams, and programmer I think, quoted him 2 grand or more. I suppose that's ok, but it seems like some drop in cams and a programmer could get that for under a grand, already got a Yosh slip-on... Or any motor builders that specify in LTR's, any help is great, thanks guys.

LTR450_#67
09-26-2007, 08:57 AM
Go with ATP racing.... Mike KNOWs his stuff and is really cool.
ATP Racing (http://allterrainperformance.com/)
This guy was the builder of Jeremy Lawson.

Aaron

ProjectLTR450
09-26-2007, 02:21 PM
i got a stage 3kit from yoshimura had yoshi install it and its ****in NASTY

jayman
09-27-2007, 04:21 PM
Mike from ATP installed his intake cam in my ltr. He then dyno tuned it and I am already at 48 hp with only exhaust, power commander, atp cam and filter.

hanes17
09-27-2007, 06:05 PM
Curtis Spraks built Lawsons motor.

asjr39
09-27-2007, 09:38 PM
I had the the following recently done:

Hot cams, port polish, CP piston, PC, titanium valves and springs. and maybe a couple of other things im not remembering. And a dyno tune.

All for $2100.00 and I got 49.5hp. The guy that did the work wasnt happy with that and is gonna custom make me some cams. And he said the most you will SAFELY get out of that motor is low to mid 50's. He called yoshi and and asked what they are claiming in gains, and they said they couldnt tell him. He then asked what, I dont know so dont quote me, what timing the cams are and they said they couldnt tell him. He is very good at what he does and i would rather pay him, then yoshi. especially when they cant tell me what I would be getting for that type of money.

LTR450_#67
09-28-2007, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by hanes17
Curtis Spraks built Lawsons motor.

No he didn't.....Lawson switched to a Sparks pipe during this year after having some issues with the HST pipe though......

Aaron

jstanely
09-28-2007, 12:51 PM
ATp is getting around 60 hp with thier engines go to ******** and look him up he also builds lawsons engine he just switched to a sparks pipe is all.