PDA

View Full Version : Raptor 250 Automatic ??

jaksdad
09-26-2007, 06:04 AM
Is there anyone in the States that would be likely to make an auto clutch to fit the Raptor 250 like the 'Rekluse' one on larger models ? Just an idea for kids moving off Auto's onto shifters, and trying to make life easier, I have seen this working on a Honda 450 and was really impressed, no loss of power and it put the power down as quick as shifting.
Worth a shot in the dark with one question ?

250r4life
09-26-2007, 02:18 PM
if i recall correctly, on the 250ex you can use the clutch or not- great for those transitioning from auto to shifting... possibly shoulda went the honda route if that was a primary concern

jaksdad
09-26-2007, 02:57 PM
I was just looking for any options, as this is a new sports quad we are willing to try anything to improve the riding or performance. I am sure when the first Blaster came out there were people trying out all sorts of things, and it kept it alive for 16+ years, so Yamaha must have some tricks uo there sleeve to release on us in the future, watch out for the 4 valve head !!
Thanks for the input anyway
Regards
Rod

bradley300
10-03-2007, 01:00 PM
the best thing you can do is call rekluse and ask. if you call, (and maybe get your freinds to call) they will see a demand, and they might make one. tell them your reasoning behind wanting one, its a good one ihavent thought ouf, and it might help your cause

jaksdad
10-03-2007, 01:29 PM
Thanks for the reply.Good idea to try them direct. Now the next one, has anyone over there done any mods whatsoever to the 'Tricker' engine that improves bottom end even more, as we will be using this on Enduros, not generally fast tracks, but any information would be good ?
Anyone recommend a good Yamaha Sport dealer that sends stuff across the water, as we are struggling to get the exhaust etc
Thanks
Rod