PDA

View Full Version : cam install help please

linc
09-25-2007, 08:21 PM
i am installing a set of hotcams on my 2005 Z400. after i install them i begin tightning the caps down,before i even get all the bolts tight(7ft-lbs) the intake cam stops moving freely(for some reason its in a bind) the front right bolt is causing it, i can tighten the other 3 and it will spin freely but as soon as any tension is put on the other put it binds,the exhaust cam is fine, works smoothly. i can reinstall the stock cam and it works correctly but the hotcam will not turn smoothly under tension. everything is in time, valves are adjusted properly and bolts are tightened in sequence. nothing seems to work. this is also the 2nd hotcam that has been tried. any help is greatly appreciated. the dowl pins are also in place.

yernkie
09-28-2007, 11:01 PM
I just finished installing a set of Stage 1 HotCams in an 06 KFX400 today, and the only thing I can think of...make sure that you are putting the cam chain guide/slider back on. If that doesn't work, take a dial caliper and measure the old cam vs the new cam on the contact points. Maybe that will give you an idea of where the issue it.