PDA

View Full Version : Headlight mounting and clutch questions

MY FYN 79
09-25-2007, 07:15 PM
Double question here from the noobie. :)

First, does anyone have any pictures or know of a manual that shows the mounting of a 300ex headlight? I bought an EX that was rolled, and the whole headlight/handlebar cover/ignition switch setup etc. was gone. I bought a "complete" headlight setup off Ebay, and needless to say it wasnt anything like described... and even more needless to say, it doesnt seem likely they'll reply to my concerns. I'd like to see the bolts that hold it in place, where all the rubber grommets go, if there is anything that fits in the mount to prevent crushing when you tighten it.. and all that good stuff.

Second question. This machine sat around a lot unused. When I got it, the clutch lever had more play than I liked, so I adjusted it a bit tighter.. but left a little play like the manual said. I used the machine a few days, and the clutch action seemed perfect other than a very slight drag. This afternoon I needed to push the EX ahead in my garage. I pulled the clutch in to grab neutral, and when I pulled the lever, it made a slight snap sound. Now the clutch lever is tight again. I started it up and although I didnt drive it, I shifted it into first and the clutch seemed to engage fine. I'm 99.9% sure the cable wasnt hung up anywhere, and I drove it hard a couple days and the adjustment never changed. What else could have been hung up?

Sorry for the long post, and thanks for any advice!

Jeremy