PDA

View Full Version : On my way to Glamis (again) 11-1-02

Dune Surfer
11-01-2002, 05:30 PM
If any EX-Riders are going out this weekend look me up. We are going out in a couple of motorhomes and will hopefully be at the end of Gecko road at the roadrunner campground. Look for this 400

CHAUNCY
11-01-2002, 10:11 PM
man id love to go to glamis.
Ill get there one day.
Do most people use trailers or motoromes ?

own2424
11-02-2002, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by CHAUNCY
man id love to go to glamis.
Ill get there one day.
Do most people use trailers or motoromes ? When I went, I saw both. But the motorhomes I saw were so sweet! They were like $200k, plus!

CHAUNCY
11-02-2002, 12:07 PM
at olds hill and comp hill did you see a lot of nice quads ???

own2424
11-02-2002, 03:53 PM
At Olds i saw the nicest quads I will ever see in my LIFE! They had drag races that night, and I cant even describe teh sweet ***** drag banshees I saw there!! Comp was empty cuz it was mid July when I went there! :D

CHAUNCY
11-02-2002, 04:09 PM
man that must be awsome to have comp hill to yourself

oldnumberseven
11-03-2002, 12:08 AM
Dune Surfer!!!!!!! I tried to find you but no luck.......that is the most crowded Halloween weekend I have seen and I have been going there since 79'. Maybe next time......I left around 7pm on Sat., damn sinus infection.

Dune Surfer
11-04-2002, 12:07 PM
It was crazy, We ended up camping by the canal. Had a great time. Old number seven, we are going out the weekend before Thanksgiving try to hook up with us then.

Dune Surfer
11-04-2002, 11:38 PM
Here is i pic of my friend riding his z-400 for the first time in the dunes. He is hooked

CHAUNCY
11-04-2002, 11:48 PM
man that looks soo koooool.
Ill be there one day.
Only time can tell when.

own2424
11-05-2002, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Dune Surfer
Here is i pic of my friend riding his z-400 for the first time in the dunes. He is hooked So true...once you ride on the dunes, youll be hooked forever! :D

11-05-2002, 08:43 PM
sand gets u hooked

Dune Surfer
11-05-2002, 09:29 PM
Chauncy, Were the he** are you. Stop talking about it Lets GO!!!!

CHAUNCY
11-05-2002, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Dune Surfer
Chauncy, Were the he** are you. Stop talking about it Lets GO!!!!
Id love too.
One minor problem.
I dont have my drivers liscnse.
I got paddles and flags but no license.
I live about 5 hours away i tihnk.
You ever go to jawbone or dove springs ???
Great riding youd love it.
It is past mojave and is fun as he**

Davids440ex
11-10-2002, 03:38 AM
i'll be out there for thanksgiving week.

josh
11-10-2002, 08:54 PM
is anybody going this weekend???????? i think we were think in about it, on the 16th there should be a full moon, that's what we plan our tripps off of and we might be going on the 16th if i have a new bike by then...........or we will go on a full moon in december

Dune Surfer
11-10-2002, 09:36 PM
I'm thinking about going the 16th lets hook up for a ride!!

Str8Wicked
11-11-2002, 10:03 AM
Going thanksgiving weekend for sure.....

josh
11-11-2002, 11:50 AM
i'm not exactly sure if we are goin to go this weekend, cuz i am not really trusting my bike for a dune trip cuz i just put a new top end in it and a pipe and it isn't really dialed in perfectly, if i dial it in and just get off my ***** and figure out the perfect jetting for it then it will look like a perfect dune trip to buttercup, are u going to buttercup or glammis, i haven't been to glammis yet but could show you guys around buttercup, very fun area, but glammis is called the "sand mecca of the world" for a reason, there's more large dunes there and bigger jumps but there is better all around fun and trail riding at buttercup, i will be planning a trip to glammis this year sometime, but not this weekend, i would want to go somewere i know pretty well while i am still dialing and playing with jetting on my bike, but lemme know, if you go to buttercup we normally park at the end of the camp area, it kinda looks like a little cold-a-sack type thing, and you should see a 99' f-150 short bed, short cab, it is white, and my dad's friend has a 2000' chevy 2500 with a lift and nice rims, the chevy is black, and we have just a regular open 15 ft trailer, i myself have a 1991 trx250x and my dad has a 99' warrior that is black and yellow, my dad's friend with the black chevy would probably have one or 2 86' atc350x's on the same style trailer we have, 15 ft open trailer, and mike might show up with his old motorhome that says Jamee on the side, mike in his motorhome will be pulling a enclosed trailer with a yellow sand rail a few 350 3 wheelers and prob a warrior, here, i'll find some picks of what our camp looks like for ya

josh
11-11-2002, 11:56 AM
heres the old motorhome, on the side it says Jamee, mike drives it

josh
11-11-2002, 12:04 PM
here's mine and my dad's bikes

josh
11-11-2002, 12:14 PM
this is one hard ***** rail we saw last time we were out, he had way too much power, that guy would fly by banshee's as if they were in 1st gear and then he would wheelie all the way down the hill:D ;) :eek:

CHAUNCY
11-11-2002, 01:17 PM
man thats a nice rail

josh
11-11-2002, 08:03 PM
ya i know, he had the nicest suspension, when he hit the whoops at the bottom he was prob doing about 50 like it was a cake walk, then by the top of the hill i'd say he was doing a good 65 mph, so he would accellerate up the hill, and then wheelie down, and then he would jump the thing like 10 ft on small dunes

Dustybear300ex
11-12-2002, 10:13 PM
me and my friends want to go soooooo bad. we live in ny and were planing to go this summer vacation but maybe that will be saved for senior year. I heard there are some sick dunes in ohio so maybe there cause it is a little closer, but glamis is the king of them all.:D

josh
11-13-2002, 11:28 AM
whatever you do don't go durring summer, unless u wanna have a sweat fest, yuma if freekin 110-117 deg durring the summer, and there is no shade in the dunes cuz there is soo little vegitation and soo little stores around, so go durring winter when it is like 70 deg outside, then it is perfectly nice, but chilly at night

oldnumberseven
11-13-2002, 11:34 AM
Summer is actually the best time to go. The key is to sleep all day and ride at night. During the summer the sand is always perfect....a bit soft....but always perfect.

Str8Wicked
11-13-2002, 11:45 AM
Yeah only if you have an RV with AC to kick it in during the day. I still say the best time to go is at the end of the season when it's starting to get hot but not that bad. It's empty out there and very fun to ride..... AT night it's pretty dead at comp but it's funner to ride... Holiday weekends are more for parting in my opinion...

josh
11-13-2002, 05:19 PM
yes, holliday weekends are the worst time to go unless you plan on getting wasted and watching a whole bunch of people run in to each other cuz there is like 20 people on every sand dune, and that's no joke, i'll find a pic of glammis on a busy weekend for ya guys, but there is some cool and funny things to see on busy weekends, like people in trucks tryin to go up the hills and people throw in a little gas each person, pour a crap load of it in the sand down a straight line, i mean a lot of gas, enough to stay lit for like 10-15 min, and they light it in a straight line and drag race down the sides of it, lol, one guy on a 250r was tryin to show off and spray sand and go throught the flames and caught his motor on fire, damn that was patheticly funny, but that's the kinda stuff you see all weekend, is drunk guys flyin all over the place

own2424
11-13-2002, 05:23 PM
Buttercup is DEAD in the summer...When I was there this summer, I saw like 0 poeple there everyday!!! But, on July4th weekend, there was like 20 quads, thats it! Besides for that weekend, barely anyone was there besides me....haha!

josh
11-13-2002, 05:29 PM
here, glammis on busy weekends
http://discountatv.com/
http://discountatv.com/

oldnumberseven
11-13-2002, 06:20 PM
I have been going to Glamis since 1979 (before there was such thing as a "quad") I have seen many changes over the years. It has just been here in the last 3-4 years that the crowds are getting huge.

Personally I love to go on BIG weekends, last year I stayed for 10 days over T-giving. I generally do not dune in the northern dunes much..I perfer the riding near China Wall and Lizard Hill the dunes are bigger and even on BIG weekends there are very few people down that way.

Don't get me wrong.....On Saturdays I follow the long time Daily Glamis Ritual: Get up, eat, gas up, go for a short ride, hit Olds and watch the parade, go to Boardmanville.....drink a few cold ones and down a burger and fries, go for a short ride, hit the sand drags and watch the tits go by, go back to camp, eat dinner, put some baby powder on my *****, ride to Comp and watch the parades for a bit, go back to camp load up the cooler, toss it into the back of the superduty, air down, drive back to Comp, build a fire, drink and mingle, drive back to camp, build a fire, drink, drink, drink, bullschit, drink, passout then wake up face down in the sand, ride to the aquaduct and rinse off.....then try to recover from another Glorious Glamis Saturday.

Davids440ex
11-13-2002, 07:38 PM
haha ill try to folow that thanksgiving week.:D

CHAUNCY
11-13-2002, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by oldnumberseven
I have been going to Glamis since 1979 (before there was such thing as a "quad") I have seen many changes over the years. It has just been here in the last 3-4 years that the crowds are getting huge.

Personally I love to go on BIG weekends, last year I stayed for 10 days over T-giving. I generally do not dune in the northern dunes much..I perfer the riding near China Wall and Lizard Hill the dunes are bigger and even on BIG weekends there are very few people down that way.

Don't get me wrong.....On Saturdays I follow the long time Daily Glamis Ritual: Get up, eat, gas up, go for a short ride, hit Olds and watch the parade, go to Boardmanville.....drink a few cold ones and down a burger and fries, go for a short ride, hit the sand drags and watch the tits go by, go back to camp, eat dinner, put some baby powder on my *****, ride to Comp and watch the parades for a bit, go back to camp load up the cooler, toss it into the back of the superduty, air down, drive back to Comp, build a fire, drink and mingle, drive back to camp, build a fire, drink, drink, drink, bullschit, drink, passout then wake up face down in the sand, ride to the aquaduct and rinse off.....then try to recover from another Glorious Glamis Saturday.

Sounds like paradise:devil

CHAUNCY
11-13-2002, 09:28 PM
o ya dont you run out of gas ???
You got a desert tank ???
How many miles does each ride take each way ???

BornOnFire
11-13-2002, 10:05 PM

Baby powder on the *****?
Man, you gott's try GoldBond! It's definately cures the Swamp *****! It tingles too. My friends and I call it "Thousand Elves". It feels like a thousand elves tickling your sack. Did you say you drink MGD? Bottles or cans Fokker?;)

oldnumberseven
11-13-2002, 10:29 PM
I'll have to try the goldbond. The thousand elves thing reminds me a a few girls I used to hang out with......(It's a great thing having more than one tickle yer sack.....if ya know what I mean.:D) You know what else works for Monkeybutt.......Vagisil!..........NO SCHIT! Apply a little before hitting the pillow.....you'll be ready to go the next morning.

Chauncy......On Saturdays I don't go through much gas.....in fact I generally run pump gas on Saturdays......Too much to see to get any real riding in.

Davids440ex
11-13-2002, 10:37 PM
will you be down there this thanksgiving?

CHAUNCY
11-13-2002, 10:45 PM
I'll have to try the goldbond. The thousand elves thing reminds me a a few girls I used to hang out with......(It's a great thing having more than one tickle yer sack.....if ya know what I mean.:D) You know what else works for Monkeybutt.......Vagisil!..........NO SCHIT! Apply a little before hitting the pillow.....you'll be ready to go the next morning.

Chauncy......On Saturdays I don't go through much gas.....in fact I generally run pump gas on Saturdays......Too much to see to get any real riding in.

Yea i heard there was a lot of sights to see there on big weekends.

oldnumberseven
11-13-2002, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Davids440ex
will you be down there this thanksgiving?

Should be!:D

josh
11-14-2002, 10:55 PM
you hit it right on target old, except we never have the luxury of bathing all weekend or having burger and fries, and i don't apply anytyhing to my fanny cuz i am one of those 15 year old's that rides all day long without a sore fanny, then do it again the next day, and we normally stop riding at 4 in the morning when the shee's stop dragging all over, and we hit the sack and wake up at 8 in the morning then ride all day, take a small nap in the middle of the day, fill the bikes up, go for about 3 hours at a time untill a 20 min break, and do that till 4 in the morning, then the next morning we ride for about 2 hours and are so tired cuz we get about 8 hours of sleep all weekend and about 26 hours on each quad, so we are pretty tired and we go home on sunday, cuz we get there sat night and do the 4 in the morn thing untill sunday, then we go home, don't bother cleaning up, jus put it in the garage, shower and sleep all day till dinner, and that is the sand dune routine, i just left out the tits and drinking and fun parts, that's too much to type

josh

Davids440ex
11-15-2002, 12:23 AM
hey old look for a number 29 400 , reb and black plastic with a red frame

QuadJunkies
11-15-2002, 12:37 AM
:( :( :( I want to go.....

own2424
11-15-2002, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
:( :( :( I want to go..... LOOK for me anywhere from December 21- Jan1...Either at Buttercup or GLAMIS!! It'd be great to meet a couple of you exriders

josh
11-15-2002, 02:39 PM
i'll do what i can to be out there own, not going this weekend tho