PDA

View Full Version : The next two years

ATC_KING
09-25-2007, 02:09 PM
in two year ill be able to take out a loan and get a new 450. so what 450 do you think will be the top dog? in just about everything.

Ghost-Rider
09-25-2007, 02:18 PM
To early to say, i think in 2 years most the 450's will be revamped in a way, and many of the ones that are just coming out will be different.

cbrooks118
09-25-2007, 02:24 PM
why would you need to take out a loan?

If you are young one, i assume you are, i will give you advice, do not finance anything except your home. ever Live within your means, save at least 15% of net pay and you can retire with dignity (and a couple million)

Scrimp, save, work another job for a couple of months and pay cash!

TRUE
09-25-2007, 03:59 PM
It's impossible to say which will be the best in 2 years.
As of now, its still impossible to say which 2008 450 is the best.

09-25-2007, 07:30 PM
id wait for the ktm. a lot of mula though

ZeroLogic
09-25-2007, 07:36 PM
KTM.:o

ATC_KING
09-26-2007, 10:08 AM
i know that you will be able to pick a color and go with it. and i dont think that the looks of the KTM is that great but i also didnt like the Banshee but now i love it. so maybe in 2 years.

mineralgrey01gt
09-26-2007, 05:54 PM
if you work full time, you can afford to pay cash for one, just save up.

ATC_KING
09-27-2007, 09:42 AM
I cant work full time because im in school. Or i would work full time. In the summer i work full time for 6 days a week at $9.50 but i have other stuff i need to get like gas, Insurance. and that isnt cheap and no my mom and dad dont help at all which is a bunch of bull. so i was thinking of taking out a loan but the people on here said that i should not do that. why?

250Renvy
09-28-2007, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by ATC_KING
I cant work full time because im in school. Or i would work full time. In the summer i work full time for 6 days a week at $9.50 but i have other stuff i need to get like gas, Insurance. and that isnt cheap and no my mom and dad dont help at all which is a bunch of bull. so i was thinking of taking out a loan but the people on here said that i should not do that. why?

There's no reason you shouldn't take out a loan unless you don't like to give money away.
But if you like to give money away, go for it, although it's unlikely you'll get a loan if you don't have a full time job.

It's kind of a ridiculous question because 2 years is a long time and a lot could change in your life if you are in school. You may lose interest or get into something else - so it's all just speculation.

When you are actually ready to buy something - loan or cash, then ask.

ATC_KING
10-01-2007, 10:18 AM
i really dont think that any thing is going to change because i have been riding for 7 years now and i think that i will ride for fun for the rest of my life i hope. why do you guys think that loans are so bad?

250Renvy
10-01-2007, 01:55 PM
Well if that's the case I'd still start looking in 2 years when you are ready because I think a lot will change. All of the race machines will be in full production and will have been tweaked and updated(from any bugs)

The styles may change a bit but essentially they will stay the same. From the looks of it the Can-am will be the Top dog because that is their mission. It'll also depend on the type of riding you will be doing.

As far as getting a loan, it's just generally a bad idea - dealer financing runs into the 14% range depending on your credit and term of loan. So if you pay full retail you'll spend upwards of $2500 more for you machine and it will be worth less than you owe for the most part. I'd just save up and pay cash that way you know your terms. At the least I'd put half down to minimize term and interest paid.
A loan is fine for a car but doesn't make sense for a toy IMO