PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone reshaped the foam in their seat?

FUTheman
09-25-2007, 06:05 AM
My 10 yo son has been running a Blaster this summer since he quickly out grew the Xtreme 125. He is on the small side and the Blaster seats look like they came off a snowmobile. I'm looking for input on how to cut the foam down to lower it and make it a bit narrower. He has a nice grippy seat cover I'd like to be able to re-use. Can I reshape the foam and snug up the cover?

ZSNOW
09-25-2007, 10:27 AM
ya but its gonna be alot of work, making it skinny is prolly gonna be hard but making it shorteer will be easyer make it wwhat ever shape hes comforatble on and put the seat cover back on

07250ex
09-26-2007, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by FUTheman
My 10 yo son has been running a Blaster this summer since he quickly out grew the Xtreme 125. He is on the small side and the Blaster seats look like they came off a snowmobile. I'm looking for input on how to cut the foam down to lower it and make it a bit narrower. He has a nice grippy seat cover I'd like to be able to re-use. Can I reshape the foam and snug up the cover? Uhhm you could kind of do an angle leaving the bottom of the seat wide and the top narrower you can also lower the seat but chances are it will be un-even and just feel weird, if you try to angle it and make it narrower near the top ... blasters are quite small quads so sooner rather than later you'll probably be wishing you left it alone. (as he grows)

blaster99
09-28-2007, 06:55 PM
i alwasy cut alittle off the top of my seat then make it rounded, more like a yfz seat. it feels way more comfy.